Application Operations Lead
Advanced | Development | Leeds, England
Advanced are one of the UK’s largest and fastest-growing enterprise software companies. Our products sit at the heart of some of the country's best-known businesses, charities and public sector organisations, powering their key services and functions. Driven by the millions of people who interact with our products every day in hospitals, schools & Universities, transport providers, sports clubs and a wide range of instantly recognisable brands, in our 8-year history we’ve already grown phenomenally quickly to more than 2,000 staff serving 20,000 customers across the UK.
The Team & Role
The Advanced Cloud Marketplace, one of the newest additions to the Advanced family, is looking for a talented front-end Engineer. In our Grade II listed HQ in central Leeds you’ll find a great place to work and lots of like-minded people who are enthusiastic and passionate about the software we produce.
You will be taking a lead role, working with 2 Engineers on-site with extensions to the team across multiple locations. You will have the opportunity to work with the latest in cloud technologies, working with highly skilled and experienced Engineers to progress your career. We’re keen to bring people in to the business who can help shape its future in terms of the technologies we use, the way we work and the products we deliver.
Key aspects of the role:
• You'll be responsible for managing cloud and application level operations
• You'll get involved in our continuous delivery to production, improving our ability to release through automation and reduce the mean time to live
• You’ll work closely with the Engineering teams
• You'll support resolution of customer issues on our live systems
• You'll be responsible for ensuring AWS costs are controlled and managed
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Good grounding in Linux and Bash scripting
• Solid experience in AWS
• A grounded view of Production stability and the ability to assess risks
• Proactive attitude, happy to get involved and try new things
• Plenty of ideas, a desire to improve Operations processes
• Passionate about technology and delivery
• Managing priorities and workloads of yourself and others
Experience with/solid understanding of:
o VPC, ELB, ALB, ASG-EC2, RDS
o CloudWatch, CodeDeploy, CloudFormation
o Kinesis, SNS, SQS, SES
o Redshift, Maria, Aurora
o Apache, Tomcat
Join the Team
Some of our Key Benefits are:
Excellent benefits from day one:
• 25 days holidays + opportunity to buy or sell up to 5 days
• Contributory pension
• Life insurance
• Income protection insurance
• Childcare voucher salary sacrifice
• Cycle to work scheme,
• Employee assistance programme
Special focus on training and development with the opportunity to excel your career from our internal Talent Development Team.
Be part of an organisation that has recently been ranked by Deloitte in the Top 50 fastest growing Tech Companies
Advanced are an equal opportunity employer, committed to removing bias from the hiring process. We hire for potential and develop at pace. If successful, you can expect to take an online assessment, meet the HR team and attend a final interview. Click apply now, and a member of our in-house talent acquisition team will be in touch!