Mediaocean | Product Development | New York, NY
The advertising landscape is changing rapidly due to the way media consumption is changing. We need to provide tools that allow our clients to plan, transact, analyze and execute advertising campaigns with a UI that is functional, intuitive and performant.
What you will do:
Responsibilities will include:
- Analyze, design, estimate and implement web UI features with appropriate unit/integration tests.
- Adhering to a scrum agile process to develop features iteratively.
- Being a team player while collaborating with Dev, QA and Product to build sound solutions that solve a business need.
- Complying with industry proven programming standards and techniques that are in line with the overall technical vision of the Prisma ecosystem.
- Participate in story overviews and estimation sessions.
- Be active on pull requests to ensure code quality, promote best practices and share coding pro tips.
- Ability to exercise good judgement in an agile environment to make balanced decisions based on the current circumstances.
- Participate in design reviews for large features and new components.
Who you are:
You are savvy a Web UI Developer who cares about working with the latest industry-proven technologies, tools and practices in our sleek New York office. You are a sharp and balanced individual who can start contributing features a few weeks after joining. You enjoy tackling new problems and consistently building new features in an industry that is changing constantly with the new ways in which media is consumed today. You can express opinions, even strong ones, tactfully and still be open to the ideas of others.
You have the following:
- Proven track record for delivery quality software on time into product releases.
- Very high personal bar for code quality.
- Strong understanding of HTML5, CSS, SASS and respective trends with each.
- In-depth knowledge of browser DOM APIs and related cross-browser issues.
- Practical knowledge of Jasmine and Karma unit test frameworks.
- Willingness to participate in code, design, and product reviews.
- Good communications skills; ability to to express oneself effectively depending on the context.
- Familiarity with development tools like git, pull requests, WebStorm or similar IDE, jira, jenkins.
- Pluses: experience in D3.js, NodeJS, Docker.