Security Assurance Manager
Advanced | Operations (Managed Services) | Birmingham, England
Job Title: Security Assurance Manager – Group
Reporting To: Head of Security and Compliance, Advanced IT Services
We're one of the UK's largest and fastest-growing software and IT services companies, delivering a range of solutions to our 20,000+ customer base across every corner of the UK market.
Our new Security Assurance Manager will be build and lead a team of exceptional security specialists in providing guidance and consultancy to both internal and external customers. With a customer base that covers multiple market sectors the challenges are vast and different. We are looking for someone who has an impressive record of accomplishment in information security assurance and compliance, with the skills and knowledge to work independently. Comfortable in a Hybrid environment like ours, you will ideally be familiar with On-Premise Data Centre infrastructure and various Cloud Service Providers.
As a technology company Advanced are looking to provide:
Like Google we use data to provide insight to drive decisions, empowering us to deliver continuous improvement and innovation to our customers.
Deliver the Apple store experience by listening to our customer’s needs, owning our customers concerns and delivering robust solutions quickly.
Provide the transparency of the Amazon ordering process so our customers know exactly where their requests or incidents are in the process.
To do this we need to challenge the status quo, collaborate, standardise and automate in order to build and improve relationships with our current and future clients.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
This is a key leadership role with a strong focus on people, process and tooling; your remit will cover all aspects of the NOC
- Ownership - As we progress our offerings and deliver next generation security capabilities we need a leader of people to drive forward our journey into integrated information security into service delivery, DevOps and AIOps. This includes helping us to review how we deal with multiple threat profiles across our customer base.
- Leadership – You will lead the team ensuring that we provide professional advice and guidance to our customers on their Networks, IT Infrastructure and Applications, both on-premise and in the cloud.
- Direction – As Security Assurance Manger you will provide the direction to the team to ensure that we stay ahead of our competitors through the delivery of excellent proactive support to all our external clients.
- Colleagues – The Security manager will manage a team of 8+. You will define the direction, the training and development plan, set the expectations and ensure that the team delivers. We aim to promote from within where possible, therefore you will need to ensure that we are looking to deliver outstanding service and develop outstanding new leaders.
- Budgets – You will have input into the annual Capex & OpEx Budget and will be required to run and deliver to the agreed budget. You will review and optimise current costs and achieve cost saving though agreed means such as consolidation and collaboration.
- Cooperation & Teamwork - Work closely with Pre-Sales, Transition teams and Project Managers to on-board new clients through the defined Service Take on process.
You'll be a strong leader in service delivery who is are excited by the challenge of working in a high-performing, fast-growing technical environment, supporting a diverse range of customers.
We are not looking to employ someone to run the service, we are looking for someone to lead us into a position where we are two steps ahead of our competition.
We will expect you to have a CISSP or CISM. In addition, CRISC, CCSP, CEH or an equivalent would be an advantage. You will demonstrate the skills, knowledge and experience necessary to hit the ground running in every aspect of your brief, once you have rapidly familiarised yourself with our project assurance and risk management processes. Your expertise spans IT architectures and concepts including Cloud, BYOD and Mobile Device Management; OWASP vulnerabilities, tools and methodologies; HTTP, SSDLC and Security Testing, and PCI, DPA and ISO27001