Market Researcher (Part-Time)
SecureLink | Sales/Marketing | Austin, TX
Who We Are
Astronauts needed for a mission.
At the risk of sounding immodest, SecureLink may be the coolest company you’ve never heard of. After 14 years in business, we announced a strategic investment from Vista Equity Partners in 2017. Vista is the leading technology investment firm focusing exclusively on software, data, and technology-enabled companies. With our partners, existing customers, products and people, we are excited to launch the company to a higher orbit.
SecureLink is the leading platform for secure, remote support of enterprise software. Our customers are top-tier names in healthcare, gaming, government, retail, legal and other highly-regulated industries.
SecureLink’s world headquarters in West Austin is called the Hill Country Spaceship - a great facility we believe you would be proud to call your workplace. https://www.securelink.com/about/tourthespaceship/
What You’ll Do
As a part-time Market Researcher for our recently launched Major Accounts division, you’ll be powering our marketing and sales teams with the critical information they need to engage with our most strategic prospects. Specifically, you’ll be tasked with researching large, complex organizations for the target contacts most likely to benefit from our solutions. This is a great opportunity for the right individual to launch a career in sales for a growing, cutting-edge software company. Day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Leveraging research and sales intelligence tools to find the right contacts and ensuring our information is up-to-date in our CRM system (Salesforce.com)
- Applying established criteria to add new prospective companies to our major accounts database
- Ensuring crucial data on our prospects and strategic accounts is current, validated, and thorough
- Making cold calls into target accounts as needed to identify appropriate contacts
- 20-30 hours/week, Monday-Friday. Flexible depending on your availability
What You’ll Need
- A positive attitude toward the position and its importance to the company
- A desire to build a career in technology sales
- Willingness to embrace challenges large and small with a dedication to achieving excellent outcomes with pride in the work
- Comfort working with e-mail, phone, excel, and other office technologies plus a willingness to learn new technologies.
- Excellent organizational skills
- An unapologetic drive for success, coupled with a willingness to work as hard as it takes to make it happen
- An eagerness to learn and improve.
Why Choose Us
SecureLink doesn’t just Have Fun Creating Value Over the Long Run (HFCV/LR) for our customers and shareholders, we Have Fun Creating Value in the lives and careers of our employees. Benefits and perks include:
- Employees are provided with a standing desk, healthy snacks, and have free access to an onsite gym.
- Our onsite kitchen provides employees with healthy options for breakfast & lunch every day.
- Casual dress code for our employees, and you will see many people around wearing jeans, and yes – even t-shirts and the occasional pair of flip-flops.
Happy and successful SecureLink employees embrace the company’s mission to have fun creating value over the long run. Great employees have three attributes that make them “slinky”. These are 1) excellence at their position, 2) eagerness to grow and improve and 3) a true sense of responsibility to meaningfully contribute to the company, customers, and culture.
If you are just looking for another job, this is not the place for you. We like to laugh and be around happy, smart, interesting, self-motivated and “slinky” people. Slackers, grumps, and pessimists need not apply.