Sales Development Representative
Automated Insights | Sales | Durham, NC
About Automated Insights
Automated Insights (Ai) helps organizations make better business decisions, faster. By empowering data-driven organizations with Ai’s proprietary natural language generation (NLG) platform, Wordsmith, businesses are able to deliver the right insight, to the right person, at the right time and in the easiest-to-understand medium—the written word. Wordsmith makes exploring, discovering, and communicating insights easier than ever before. Our Wordsmith platform turns raw data into written narratives for clients like Activision, Yahoo!, and the Associated Press.
At Automated Insights, we are dedicated to treating all Ai-ers with respect, autonomy, and generosity. We strive to provide a best-in-career work experience for each and every employee. We know that having an excellent company culture is an advantage and we’ve created an environment which empowers our team to do their best work. We've even been recognized for this and are a five-time winner of Triangle Business Journal's Best Place to Work Award.
Why does the role exist? The Sales Development Representative position exists to identify and qualify prospects that are a good fit to leverage natural language generation (NLG) technology.
What would I do as a Sales Development Representative?
- Handle inbound leads -including emailing, calling, and scheduling qualification calls
- Work closely with Account Executives and Solutions Architects to facilitate product demonstrations.
- Quickly and accurately qualify prospects that are a good product/technology fit and help move them through the sales funnel
- Work closely with Marketing to harvest new sales opportunities through outbound prospecting
- Consistently deliver on quarterly and annual sales/business objectives/quotas. Deliver accurate and timely status updates, reports, and feedback
- Effectively position and present the value propositions Automated Insights’ Wordsmith platform provides clients
What prior experience is required?
- Bachelor’s degree
- Software sales experience preferred
- Working knowledge of Salesforce.com
- Demonstrated understanding of consultative sales approaches
- Demonstrated success with outbound prospecting
- Experience delivering product demonstrations and presentations online as well as in-person
- Track record of meeting and exceeding monthly, quarterly, and annual goal
What skills and knowledge are required?
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
- Strong accountability for generating measurable results
- Strong relationship-building skills, using a collaborative work style
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced team environment
- Effective organizational, time, and task management skills
- Demonstrates a high level of computer literacy, specifically MS Office suite (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google Drive.
What’s cool about the job?
- Gain experience talking with Fortune 500 companies about an emerging technology
- Be an integral cross-functional team member, working closely with Marketing, Sales, and Product teams
What’s hard about the job?
- Qualifying before selling; identifying prospects who are ready to implement technology like NLG
- Driving urgency to get to next steps with prospects