Vertafore | Finance | Denver, CO
Reporting to the Assistant Controller, the Senior Accountant is a vital member of the general ledger team involved in the accounting close process, preparation of GAAP and management financial statements, and interim/annual audits. We're looking for an individual with the experience, ability and drive to seek out areas which need refinement and improvement, is comfortable working autonomously, and is a self-starter.
- Responsible for all aspects of debt, including deferred financing costs, debt refinancing, swap and hedge accounting, etc.
- Responsible for all aspects of Stock Compensation accounting including maintenance of the Cap Table in Shareworks, monthly amortization, and the processing of new awards and cancellations/modifications of existing awards. Also maintain Statement of Shareholders Equity.
- Integral part of the month-end close process including preparation of financial statements (IS, BS, Cash Flow), financial statement review and variance analysis.
- Manage and maintain the fixed asset accounting system, including all depreciation and asset reports, and reconcile depreciation expense between the fixed asset system and the general ledger.
- Act as liaison with our Canadian subsidiary and assist their Controller as needed.
- Create, maintain and process all corporate cost allocations in NetSuite.
- Technical accounting research on emerging issues including the writing of accounting memos.
- Document and improve processes throughout the Vertafore Finance department.
- Maintain various account reconciliations to ensure accuracy and consistency of assigned general ledger accounts.
- Prepare PBC files and walkthroughs for external auditors and assist in the conduct of the audit engagement. Also, play a key role in the compilation and issuance of audited financials at year end.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel including complex formulas and pivot tables.
- NetSuite experience preferred but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field required.
- CPA certification or progress towards it preferred.