Zapproved | G&A | Portland, OR
The Director of FP&A works directly with leaders of all functional teams to assist in reporting, forecasting and analyzing financial and operational results. Responsibilities include leading the annual budgeting process by working directly with the functional team leaders, financial model development, financial analyses, maintenance of financial models and systems, and working on special projects to support the various business units to support their financial analysis. The Director of FP&A reports directly to the CFO.
We are seeking someone with strong business sense and practical experience who demonstrates the ability to work collectively within a team environment, leading, challenging and coaching team members.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter who is comfortable with ambiguity and iteration; dives deep into data to find the root cause of problems, is detail oriented and has the ability to work well with cross-functional leadership teams.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Partner with Zapproved’s finance team and cross-functional business leaders to develop strategies, and provide clear and concise recommendations based on a thorough analysis
- Build and maintain detailed corporate financial models with an ability to run various operating scenarios
- Maintain cross-functional reports that involve the aggregation of data from multiple sources
- Manage annual financial budgeting cycles, working with executive and senior leadership teams
- Manage a rolling quarterly performance to budget and financial planning cycle to ensure an always current financial forecast view
- Analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, expenses, and operations
- Assist in management of Treasury function with cash flow forecasting
- Develop ad hoc reporting as requested by the management team, the Board or functional team leads
- Work on special projects to support the functional teams with their financial analysis, including financial analysis and key assumption development for business case/key initiatives
- Mentor a growing team and take ownership in a critical business function
What You’ll Need:
- BA/BS in Accounting and/or Finance preferred
- CPA or MBA preferred
- 8+ years of experience in public accounting, FP&A functions or related business environment
- Experience in a fast-paced, growing, ever changing environment, preferably with a software company
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles, such as GAAP and accrual-based accounting
- Superior strategic thinking and financial analysis skills, well-developed problem solving skills and strong attention to details required
- Must have strong spreadsheet (MS Excel) and database skills
- Experience with software tools in FP&A,CRM and data visualization preferred
- Able to make well-reasoned and timely decisions and collaborate
Working for Zapproved:
Founded in 2008, Zapproved LLC is the leading ediscovery software provider for managing corporate litigation readiness. Our Z-Discovery Suite returns power to in-house legal teams and helps them navigate electronic discovery with minimal risk and cost, setting new standards for scalability and intuitive design. Zapproved’s flagship product, Legal Hold Pro, is widely adopted by Fortune 500 and Global 2000 corporations. Zapproved has earned recognition with numerous awards, including:
- Best E-Discovery Legal Hold Product at the 2015 and 2016 Legaltech News Innovation Awards
- The 2016 and 2017 Deloitte Technology Fast 500TM lists ranked Zapproved as one of the fastest growing companies in North America
- The National Law Journal Best of 2018 survey lists Legal Hold Pro as one of the top Legal Hold Solutions
- 100 Best Companies to Work for in Oregon 2018
Zapproved is also SOC 2® Type 2 certified, the industry’s highest rating for data security. With 99% customer retention, we continue to cultivate ridiculously happy customer experiences year after year. We take pride in fostering an inclusive, innovative culture where diversity and bright ideas are welcome. Learn more at zapproved.com.
How to Apply:
To be considered, please provide your resume, cover letter, and (if applicable) a link to a portfolio of your work. We are looking for the things that drive and excite you and the mark that you want to leave on the world, so consider that in your cover letter. We think this is more important than your resume, and we will read your letter first.