Vice President of Regulatory Affairs and Lobbyist
Omnitracs | Legal | Dallas, TX
At Omnitracs, we’re committed to being the leader in global transportation and logistics technology, optimizing the path ahead for our customers through disruptive innovation and integrated, dynamic and intelligent solutions. We’ve excelled in this capacity for over thirty years, and while a lot companies have sprung up to challenge us, none have been able to match us – and we have no intentions of slowing down now. Direction is foundational to our company. It’s the force that drives our business. And it propels our strategy forward.
Our direction is helping our customers find theirs. It’s what we do. It’s who we are. It’s our fuel, our engine and our deepest technical challenge. Helping our clients find their direction requires that we embrace any challenge to remain on the leading edge of innovation, that we embrace teamwork and collaboration to deliver the highest quality technology solutions and services, that we always act with integrity and that we remain and active leaders in our local and global communities.
We are looking for talented, innovative people with a strong sense of direction - who are committed to not simply following the path ahead but creating a new one.
The VP of Regulatory Affairs develops and leads the overall strategy for regulatory affairs for Omnitracs. Advises on key regulatory issues facing the transportation industry and partners with industry groups to establish strategies responsive to industry regulatory requirements. Serves as a liaison between Omnitracs and various industry groups, governmental agencies, and regulatory bodies on all regulatory issues. Must be able to maintain relationships in industry and agency groups to be effective. Provides strategic direction to project and product development teams, and interacts with industry groups, regulatory agencies and enforcement agencies and personnel.
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA)
- NHTSA National Highway Transportation Administration,
- Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance – Driver Traffic and Enforcement
- American Trucking Association (ATA), Truck Load Carriers, and other Industry Segments, NTTC, NPTC
- Canadian Trucking Association and Regulatory Agencies
Specific job functions include:
· Helping ensure that Omnitracs AOBRD/ELD products comply with FMCSA and Canadian regulations while reviewing potential product liability for the legal department
· Provide customer consultation as well as approve and create market information concerning regulatory matters
· Ensure that products comply with NHTSA safety standards.
· Represent Omnitracs at key industry and regulatory events
· Assume key roles in American Trucking Association committees/subcommittees, including participation in Safety Committee, HOS Subcommittee, Technology and Engineering Policy Subcommittee, Technology Maintenance Council, EOBR Task Force, Telematics Tech Team, and others as appropriate
· Ensure Omnitracs products meet transportation industry regulatory requirements
· Keep abreast of domestic and international legislation and regulatory requirements/guidelines for telematics products, including specifically U.S. and Canada
· Provide strategic advice to senior management on regulatory matters impacting the transportation industry
· Liaison with, and make presentations to, transportation industry regulatory authorities and industry groups, and with Omnitracs customers, as appropriate
· Assist in Sales cycles to ensure that Omnitracs is identified as a compliance leader
· Work with customers, enforcement agencies/personnel and FMCSA re: any compliance issues, violation notices issued to customers, etc.