SQL Database Administrator
CentralSquare Technologies | Customer Support | Decorah, IA
**This position can be worked out of our Decorah or Greensboro office.
Were you the overachiever in school, the one who always did the extra homework and took the extra courses just because? You probably think data and databases are what make the modern world go ‘round and find yourself wondering, “Why do the software engineers get all the love?”
Well, it’s our time to give you some love! We’re looking to bring on board a talented SQL Server Database Administrator looking to lead our company into the future of database design. This is a critical role where you can make a major impact on our database development, both within the company and with our customers.
We consider ourselves to be passionate engineers who put our hearts and souls into our software suite for public safety, and it shows. Our products are installed at police, fire, and emergency medical services agencies around the globe, servicing the needs of over 250 million citizens in over 13 countries.
Interested? Here's what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with designing, implementing, and maintaining Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience working in a Microsoft shop
- You consistently stay on top of new technologies and are often found pursuing certifications and additional education (we have Pluralsight memberships and provide tuition reimbursement!)
- You have a troubleshooting mindset - you love solving problems and aren’t afraid to take ownership of them
- Team oriented and not afraid to ask for help - we’re an Agile/Scrum environment, so being a team player is crucial
- Able to work in either our Decorah, IA or High Point, NC office
Bonus points for:
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server Replication
- Ability and desire to learn new skills
- Strong communication skills; there are times when this position may interface directly with our clients
- Able to work in a fast-paced, growing company
- Willingness to work with new and old technologies; working with government agencies, sometimes we need to support, repair, and develop with legacy technologies in mind