Software Quality Engineer
Ping Identity | Product Development - Software (5103) | Vancouver, British Columbia
At Ping Identity, we're changing the way people think about enterprise security technology. With our innovative Identity Defined Security platform, we're helping to build a borderless world where people have total freedom to work wherever and however they want. Without friction. Without fear.
We're headquartered in Denver, Colorado, and we have offices and employees around the globe. And we serve the largest, most demanding enterprises worldwide, including over half of the Fortune 100. Because even in the most complex enterprise environments, security shouldn't be a source of anxiety. It should be one of your greatest competitive advantages.
We call this digital freedom. And it's not just something we provide our customers. It's something that drives our company. People don't come here to join a culture that's built on digital freedom. They come to cultivate it.
We are currently seeking a Software Quality Engineer to join our PingFederate Integrations team. PingFederate provides a full-featured and highly versatile federation solution that allows users to securely access all the applications they need with a single authentication from any device. It supports all current identity standards like SAML, WS-Federation, WS-Trust, OAuth and OpenID Connect, and it’s recognized as the industry leading federation server.
Integrations build on top of this powerful core functionality, allowing PingFederate to support 3rd party authentication systems and applications. Ultimately this enables our technology to complement what our customers already use - not replace it. You will be an active member of this growing development team, paired with developers to deliver new integrations to the market. It’s our competitive differentiator - help make a difference with us.
- Development and execution of test strategies and plans.
- Maintain and extend our automated test framework.
- Participate in design and code reviews.
- Staging situations to better understand customer reported issues.
Stay on the forefront of industry knowledge and share learnings with team members.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 2-5 years experience in enterprise-grade commercial software development.
- Strong proficiency in Java and familiarity with many related frameworks including: Java EE and Apache Commons.
- Self-learner that is able to pick up new technologies and concepts with ease.
- Passion for end user experience and design.
- Experience consuming REST APIs.
- Basic knowledge of Git and Maven.
- Familiarity with Selenium WebDriver.
- Solid understanding of HTTP and how the web works.
- Broad knowledge of PKI including the use of TLS/SSL certificates.
- Experience with JDBC and databases, such as: MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, PostgreSQL and Oracle.
- Familiarity with LDAP and directory servers, such as Active Directory.
- Comfortable in both Windows and Linux environments.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Broad understanding of Identity and Access Management (IAM) concepts and related protocols: SAML, OAuth, OpenID Connect, LDAP, RADIUS and SCIM.
Experience with Ping Identity or other IAM software stacks.