Sr. QA Analyst
Vertafore | Development | Denver, CO
Over the past 40 years, Vertafore has advanced the business of insurance by bringing together the best software in the industry to help agencies, carriers, and MGAs run their organizations. Today, we’re proud to say hundreds of thousands of Vertafore users rely on our solutions to write business faster, cut costs, and fuel growth by increasing collaboration and streamlining processes. Vertafore helps our customers deliver exceptional value to their clients with innovative, intuitive, and comprehensive products and services. Vertafore leads the industry with secure, cloud-based mobile products that provide superior reporting and analytics, delivering actionable insight— right when customers need it most.
If you love technology, are hungry to learn, and are looking for a creative, fun and friendly workplace where you get to develop high quality software that will transform the insurance industry, we would love to get in touch with you.
We have a smart team dedicated to helping each other and delivering high quality products to our customers. Our managers are dedicated to growing their people and offering an opportunity that allows you to make impact in your career and get the recognition you deserve. Our work culture fosters collaboration, innovation, integrity, mentorship, and commitment to success.
Employees in this role design and implement test plans to ensure that software functions as expected to meet or exceed customer’s standards.
As a Vertafore Sr. QA Analyst, you will be instrumental in Vertafore’s ongoing success within the insurance industry. Our QA Analysts work with our development teams, focusing on the providing the best products for our valued customers. This is a fast paced, ever changing environment. We continually challenge ourselves to exceed objectives, remove barriers, meet crucial deadlines, and maintain multiple projects, all while pioneering ways for efficiency with a team player attitude. If you have a passion for product quality, love technology, and enjoy thinking outside the box, you’re who we are looking for.
Key Job Functions:
· Identifies functional and product strategic risk through analysis and how it applies to test planning and test case creation
· Assesses risk for business/customer and technology risk
· Identifies and communicates risks not mitigated by testing to engineering leadership and updates local processes
· Reviews risk and test case prioritization of team, and makes clear and thoughtful tradeoffs of prioritization in test planning activities
· Leads test planning and coordinates with Software Engineers, Software Engineers in Test, and managers to determine user acceptance criteria, prioritize tests, clarify ownership to avoid redundancies, and determine plan for feature or product release
· Provides feedback to Software Engineers on features or changes and usability metrics to enhance the user experience
· Creates and maintains test scenarios, test plans, test cases, and requirement matrices for features or aspects of the product and/or multiple products and ensures coverage of all aspects of the product for a quality user experience
· Writes and checks own test cases for quality and participates in test case reviews
· Creates test systems, conducts systems set-up, and maintains test environments (varies by product)
· Completes manual and automated front-end user testing and back-end code-based testing of more complex features or aspects of products and product integration; identifies opportunities for and performs test case refactoring
· Participates in code reviews and collaborates with Software Engineers and Software Engineers in Test to identify issues and potential enhancements to code based on front-end and back-end test results to ensure a quality user experience
· Identifies patterns of bugs or defects using the backlog, troubleshoots more complex issues, and verifies bug fixes that span multiple product features and/or multiple products; coordinates with Product Management to highlight risks or issues and suggest enhancements to product features and/or products to ensure quality user experience
· Opens bugs based on issues found during testing and troubleshooting
· Organizes and participates in triage sessions, prioritizes problems to help resolve bugs or defects in new code or during production; investigates customer requests as needed; serves as a technical reference for complex problems/issues
· Monitors overall testing process and uses results to create test summaries or reports and provide results to team and stakeholders; provides recommendations for sign-off and release
· Provides feedback on, uses, and updates documentation on user stories and work items
· Reviews support materials and documentation as provided by others and collaborates with support or documentation teams on customer documentation
· Ability to define problems, collect data, analyze data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
· Ability to manage a broad range of deliverables in an ever-changing environment
· Ability to communicate and work effectively with cross-functional teams
· Ability to comprehend documentation clearly and effectively
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Working knowledge of OOP coding concepts
· Strong time management and organizational skills
· Detail oriented; demonstrated ability to handle multiple strategic projects and priorities with efficiency and accuracy
· An inherent drive to solve problems, collaborate with others and mentor team members
· Strong presentation, verbal and written skills as proven with well-written technical, project, client and related communications and presentations
· Ability to lift/ carry up to 10lbs occasionally
· Knowledge of Insurance Industry
· Knowledge of IntelliJ and/ or Visual Studio IDE
· Experience with CA Agile (Rally), SAFe, qTest
Vertafore strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law equal employment.