Lead Financial Analyst
NEWSCYCLE Solutions | G&A | Bloomington, MN
NEWSCYCLE Solutions delivers the broadest range of technology solutions for the global news media industry, including content management, digital advertising, circulation, audience relationship management, and mobile applications. The company's innovative solutions and professional services help media organizations engage audiences through web, print, mobile, and social media channels. NEWSCYCLE Solutions helps more than 3,000 publishers around the world compete for audience and revenue across the entire media landscape.
The Lead Financial Analyst is responsible for the day-to-day execution of the company’s global Monthly Reporting and related financial analysis. The individual reports to the VP of FP&A and works directly with executives across all functional teams to assist in monthly reporting and analyzing financial and operational results. Responsibilities include managing a Financial Analyst, completing monthly financial global reporting, participating in the annual budgeting process, financial model development, financial analyses, maintenance of financial models and systems and working on special projects to support the various business units and new acquisitions.
The Lead Analyst will play a critical role in partnering with the C-Level executive leadership team in strategic decision making and operations. This is a tremendous opportunity for a finance leader to maximize and strengthen the internal capacity of a growing, high-impact organization.
Our Bloomington office offers several perks, an on-site gym, on-site cafeteria, free airport shuttle, free covered parking, and adjacent to major metro transit lines!
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare recurring Financial Reporting packages on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis, focusing on key financial results, operational metrics, and performance to forecast, quotas and budget.
- Prepare detailed monthly financial performance variance analysis.
- Work directly with executive leadership through monthly reporting process, updating monthly reports to reflect latest business performance expectations and developing consolidated reporting packages including bridge analysis vs budget and prior forecast.
- Manage a financial analyst, as well as developing an understanding of financial analysis techniques, processes, systems and best practices.
- Support Ad hoc Financial analysis, working directly with CEO, CFO and Business Development team.
- Prepare analysis and interpret complex financial information and reports to provide accurate and timely financial recommendations to management for decision making purposes.
- Integrate budget and forecasts with financial reporting platforms for variance reporting across functional teams, divisions, geographies, customers and product lines, including Digital and Print offerings.
- Work on special projects to support the functional teams with their financial analysis for business case / key initiatives.
- 6+ years financial analyst or accounting experience, including management of direct reports
- BA/BS in Finance, Accounting or equivalent experience
- MBA or CPA a plus
- Experience in a fast-paced, growing, ever changing environment, preferably with a software company
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles, such as US GAAP and accrual-based accounting
- Must have advanced excel modeling experience. Adaptive Insights experience a plus.
- Must have the ability to prioritize workload and perform multiple tasks under deadlines. This includes managing team to meet the same quality standards with in established timelines.
- Ability to interact and comfortably work with executive leadership team.
NEWSCYCLE Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer.
Disclaimer: This job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. Responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, might be required