VIEW ALL APPLY NOW
Sr. Mgr, Technical Accounting
TIBCO | 81000 Finance & Acctg | Palo Alto, CA
The Senior Manager, Accounting will manage a set of accounting activities to ensure compliance with generally accepted accounting principles, corporate policies and external audits. This position will manage the accounts payable function, payroll function, be responsible for the monthly closing of General ledger accounts and relevant entities assigned, drafting certain technical accounting memos, own and manage technical accounting projects and prepare and/review reports supporting the financial statements. The Senior Manager, Accounting will report to and work closely with the Senior Director of Accounting andSkills & Requirements
Asst Corporate Controller and others in the organization, with respect to analysis and reconciliation of accounts and in development and implementation of accounting policies, procedures, and controls.
- Manage the monthly financial close process, including ensuring all costs incurred are properly recorded, reviewing journal entries, account balance reconciliations and report preparation for the entities in scope
- Participate in the ongoing development/establishment of accounting policies and procedures and operational strategies including the review and implementation of process and system changes.
- Continued focus on improving system efficiencies and business practices
- Participate in strategic financial projects including upgrades of systems for the implementation of ASC 606 on Revenue Recognition, ASC 842 on Leases
- Ensure compliance with internal control policies in a
- Collaborate with external auditors to ensure successful audit results and compliance
- Interacts at all levels and with budget owners or other stakeholders to produce timely, efficient and accurate month-end close and all internal management and financial reporting through the annual report
- Analyze the effect of statutory accounting practices and studies regulations and guidance to ensure the correct application of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Make recommendations for changes as needed and ensure that company policies and procedures are followed and establishes the proper techniques to discover and prevent fraud
- Prepare and review detailed journal entries and account analyses
- Assist in M&A accounting and operational integration as needed.
- Actively review and advise on financial/accounting processes