Automated Insights | Services | Durham, NC
About Automated Insights
Automated Insights (Ai) helps organizations make better business decisions, faster. By empowering data-driven organizations with Ai’s proprietary natural language generation (NLG) platform, Wordsmith, businesses are able to deliver the right insight, to the right person, at the right time and in the easiest-to-understand medium—the written word. Wordsmith makes exploring, discovering, and communicating insights easier than ever before. Our Wordsmith platform turns raw data into written narratives for clients like Activision, Yahoo!, and the Associated Press.
At Automated Insights, we are dedicated to treating all Ai-ers with respect, autonomy, and generosity. We strive to provide a best-in-career work experience for each and every employee. We know that having an excellent company culture is an advantage and we’ve created an environment which empowers our team to do their best work. We’ve even been recognized for this and are a five-time winner of Triangle Business Journal’s Best Place to Work Award.
Why does the role exist?
We’re looking for a customer-facing Project Manager to be our point person on services projects with some of our biggest and most important clients. This person will manage multiple projects of varying complexity at once, providing tactical management and leadership to project teams to ensure client projects proceed on time and with the highest standards of deliverable quality.
What would I do as Project Manager?
- Act as a primary point of contact for clients, lead calls and meetings, taking diligent notes and sharing with the team
- Define, manage and track resources across multiple projects
- Help Clients lay a roadmap for their goals and a plan for getting there
- Work with multiple teams to ensure that project milestones are met
- Apply critical thinking to improve our team’s processes for future projects
What prior experience is required?
- 3+ years customer-facing experience, preferably in project or account management for a modern technical organization (such as a software shop, media agency, enterprise tech)
What skills and knowledge are required?
- Proactive communication and management style
- Expert at using lightweight project management software such as SmartSheet, Basecamp, and Trello
- Strong Excel Skills
- Intimate understanding of how team's schedules are coordinated across multiple, shifting project timelines
- Creating project plans from scratch
What’s cool about the Project Manager job?
- Work directly with leaders in analytics and business intelligence at massive, global brands while representing our industry-leading, Natural Language Generation Platform
and professional services
- Tremendous internal growth opportunities with a growing company and services team
- Highly visible role within the company with exposure to leadership and cross-functional teams from product to support
- Work alongside talented data scientists, software engineers and services experts
What’s hard about the Project Manager job?
- You must be extremely organized, have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and be totally fearless about jumping on the phone with customers to push back scope
creep or lead a team meeting to work through ad hoc scheduling challenges.