Vista Equity Partners | Operations | Oakland, CA
Vista Equity Partners is looking for an Associate Counsel to join the in-house legal team and work closely with the Firm’s General Counsel on all legal matters related to Vista Consulting Group, our internal team of subject matter experts, and our portfolio companies. With a constantly growing consulting practice and roster of portfolio companies, this role presents a great opportunity to learn about the alternative investments industry and has tremendous growth potential.
This role can be based in Oakland, CA, Chicago, IL, or Austin, TX and is for an immediate start.
- Liaise and provide resources to portfolio company legal departments on general legal matters, portfolio company questions and issues and upcoming changes in laws (e.g. GDPR)
- Research and report on legal trends related to the portfolio companies
- Provide legal support for Vista Consulting Group such as office expansion, vendor contracts, employment issues, marketing materials
- Organize content for annual portfolio company legal offsite and other webinars as needed
- Run legal workstreams related to rollout of portfolio company employment agreements and employee issues, e.g., background checks, separation agreements, equity repurchases, employee loans, non-compete issues, disputes
- Bachelor’s degree and J.D. Bar member in good standing
- At least 4 years of experience within an international law firm with a preference of serving corporate clients; additional in-house counsel experience at a software or technology company welcomed
- Experience interpreting federal statutes, regulations, and state laws, and analyzing their impact on current policy and business practices
- Knowledge of privacy and data laws and trends preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivated with a high degree of initiative
ABOUT VISTA EQUITY PARTNERS
Vista Equity Partners is a U.S.-based investment firm with offices in Austin, Chicago, New York City, Oakland, and San Francisco with more than $46 billion in cumulative capital commitments. Vista exclusively invests in software, data, and technology-enabled organizations led by world-class management teams. As a value-added investor with a long-term perspective, Vista contributes professional expertise and multi-level support towards companies to realize their full potential. Vista’s investment approach is anchored by a sizable long-term capital base, experience in structuring technology-oriented transactions, and proven management techniques that yield flexibility and opportunity.
ABOUT VISTA CONSULTING GROUP
. Vista Best Practices are what sets VCG apart within the industry, and continue to be developed and refined, year after year.
VCG is dedicated to providing multiple points of leverage to support our portfolio companies. We are actively involved in providing support across the existing portfolio, and we serve as the immediate source of expertise for our new investments.