Sales Operations Manager
Vertafore | Sales | Denver, CO
Seeking a service-oriented leader who is the driving force behind the sales team’s (Sales Executives and Account Managers) productivity. The Sales Operations Manager will be responsible for enabling and ensuring the highest level of productivity per seller. This role will partner closely with all departments to remove roadblocks and continually deliver efficiencies for the sales team by advocating and fostering a sales focused culture within the company.
The ideal candidate will have experience with sales operations specifically focused on CRM support, deal support, productivity tool support, sales training/enablement and process and policy management. Additionally, excellent verbal communication skills and the ability to be viewed as a trusted advisor by sales are required to perform the role.
The leader we are looking for has the complete package – always striving to serve, results oriented, full of integrity, and possess strong attention to detail.
• One-touch resource for sales, responsible for liaising with all departments on behalf of sales
• Own end-end process and conversion rates throughout sales funnel and deliver insights for improved effectiveness
• Direct sales pipeline, forecasting and performance metrics processes and reporting
• Partner closely with Finance to support design and administration of sales compensation, sales reporting and quota setting
• Design and manage sales territories including administration of account assignment and team design, including salesforce structure to support the design
• Develop, document, communicate and maintain rules of engagement and sales processes
• Support development of and ensure compliance with published deal and approval policies. Be a sales advocate & partner to internal organizations to understand contract requirements.
· Partner with sales reps and marketing to refine lead qualification process, analyze and report on campaign performances with reporting and dashboards.
· Collaborate with impacted parties to generate acceptable documents to facilitate deal closures.
• Work with the sales team and management personnel to identify process improvement and/or sales training opportunities.
• Develop and manage sales On/Off Boarding process.
• Meet or beat published service level agreements.
• Special projects as needed.
Demonstrated success in a sales operations, service/business operations, or similar role.
· Ability to understand high-level sales strategies, translate them into system and process requirements, and ensure local execution and business impact.
· Analytical and demonstrated ability to extract key business insights through data analysis. Proven Salesforce subject matter expert with experience creating reports, optimizing processes, training new hires and developing/managing dashboards.
· Previous deal desk and/or revenue recognition experience.
· Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks; proven strong organizational and project management skills in a fast-paced environment.
· Track record in driving change and removing hurdles in fast growth organizations by working cross-functionally with Marketing, Finance and IT.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presenting to C-level executives Agile, self-starter who can work independently and collaboratively.
· Advanced Excel skills with a strong understanding of Salesforce, other CRM applications and email marketing strategies.
· Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business-related field.
· 5+ years of experience in sales operations and/or business systems preferably in a software/technology business.
· Experience building and/or managing a sales operations team a plus but not required.
· Up to 25% travel (1 week per month)