Product Developer, Custom Development
Aptean | Business Operations | Mississauga, Ontario
Would you like to be a part of the organization where high energy meets intellect? If you get excited by solving puzzles and working in a collaborative environment, then Aptean wants to work with you!!
Aptean provides very specific industries with very specific ERP, supply chain management, and customer experience solutions. In today’s fast-paced, highly competitive economy, organizations don’t have time to waste forcing homegrown software, spreadsheets, and one-size-fits-all solutions to do things they were never designed to do. Aptean is on a mission to end those workarounds – with industry-specific solutions instead of generic software, expert support instead of making you go it alone, and a steady influx of new ideas instead of the status quo. That is why over 2,500 highly specialized organizations in more than 20 industries and 54 countries rely on Aptean to streamline their everyday operations.
Aptean is focused on providing products and solutions to customers in specific verticals. Our products are rich in feature and functionality and delivered on premise, SaaS and Hybrid delivery models. Aptean’s products deliver value at lowest total cost of ownership and scale with needs of our customers. Most of our products and solutions are leaders in the vertical market segments they serve.
Aptean uses its core values of Drive For Results, Win Together, Foster Innovation, and Be Courageous to guide its employee community to serve every customer in every geography and market.
The Senior Product Developer, Custom Development is responsible for development tasks like coding and debugging of complex scope using standard concepts and principles. Works as a fully contributing team member, under broad guidance. S/he should be able to apply own judgment and independently determine a course of action to execute it, post review. S/he is responsible for coaching, guiding and mentoring junior members in the team to help them scale up faster.
As a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner, IndustryBuilt is constantly working with the latest versions of Dynamics 365, and Azure. Our Development team leverages this leading-edge technology and market intel to continually improve our customers’ ability to make, distribute, and service their offerings. We have a track record of delivering successful results for hundreds of customers across North America. IndustryBuilt Software is best known for the JustFoodERP (focused on the needs of the food industry), and EquipSoft (focused on the needs of equipment providers).
As an Aptean company, IndustryBuilt is part of an international network that delivers industry-specific ERP, supply chain management, and compliance solutions. WE are able to hold onto our tightknit small company roots, while leveraging Aptean's global resources, such as the Ross ERP and Factory MES.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates high level and low level design for a given set of functional requirements as a marketable feature or a set of Use Cases.
- Mentors other junior members in the team in terms of technical skills, methodology and product knowledge.
- Provide subject matter expertise to other internal members, such as Business Analysts, Project Managers, Quality Assurance Analyst, and Scrum Masters, as well as occasional customers.
- Has good command in technology of the primary product.
- Follows best coding practices.
- Assists colleagues with design reviews, code reviews, implementation and information about existing implementations.
- Expert in one or more modules of the product.
- Has good understanding of core modules of secondary product.
- Participate in daily virtual scrums.
- Expand both business and technical knowledge, as they become available, by attending regular company-sponsored working lunches.
Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree. Ideally have two (2) years of software development experience using Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009, or higher.
Advanced knowledge of SDLC, Operating systems, Algorithms, Data Structures, Object Oriented Programming Systems and Databases. Familiar with agile methodology. Has good experience and knowledge of working on n-tier desktop or client side web application using one or more Web and UI frameworks. Understanding of relational database design and architecture. Working knowledge of web server technologies and non-functional requirements like Scalability, Performance, and Security, etc. is an advantage.
Skills and Abilities
Critical Thinking and Problem Solving, Good Team Player, Excellent Written and Spoken Communication skills, Mentoring and Coaching, Intercultural skills, ability to Work with Global Teams at different time zones.
Additional software development experience using the following platforms:
- Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5, or higher
- ASP .NET
- Windows Presentation Framework
Knowledge/experience with the following is an asset:
- Team Foundation Server (TFS) for Visual Studio Team Services 2008, or higher
- Microsoft SQL Server technologies (Analysis, Reporting, Integration Services, etc.)
- Microsoft SharePoint (WSS, MOSS, BDC, BCS)
- Mobile device development
- MVC and MVVM design patterns
- Scrum software development methodology
If you are determined to give your best every day and you are seeking an opportunity to work with an amazing group of people, then apply online today!
Aptean, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. In accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws we do not tolerate discrimination or harassment against any applicant for employment or employee with Aptean because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other group status protected by applicable law.
If you require any accommodation assistance throughout the recruitment and selection process, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us at 888 506 0711 and ask for Human Resources. Let us know the nature of your request and your contact information and we would be happy to assist you.