Software Engineer I - Sustaining
Jamf | 300 - Engineering | Eau Claire, WI
The Sustaining Software Engineer is responsible for enabling Jamf to best serve customers of our flagship product, Pro. The Sustaining team operates at the convergence of point of delivery teams, Cloud Ops and Engineering, and Support. The team digests requests from the Cloud Ops and Support organizations and works with them to triage issues, diagnose root causes, and identify potential solutions. This work is often done in partnership with delivery teams. In addition, the team supports deployments of Pro to cloud and on-premise environments. The team’s work also provides a critical feedback loop to the organization, identifying opportunities for success with the product in the real world. Over time, Sustaining Engineers are expected to develop into a subject matter expert in Jamf’s products and how they operate in the real world. The team is a key component in Jamf remaining the best of breed in
- Perform root-cause analysis on customer impacting issues
- Serve as an escalation point for customer escalations
- Proactively engage and collaborate with partners when issue arise to ensure
- Participate in team ceremonies to identify and refine potential work, communicate findings, and drive opportunities to collaborate
Clearlydocument findings from investigations, gather other knowledge gained, and proactively communicate them to enable department and Jamf-wide learning
- Occasionally provide
off hourssupport for deployments and customer escalations
- Performs all job responsibilities in alignment with the core values, mission and purpose of the organization.
- Adheres to the highest moral, ethical and legal standards to deliver an environment that promotes respect, innovation and creativity.
- Supports and promotes a positive, inclusive workplace one in which the talents and strengths of our increasingly diverse workforce are welcomed, further developed and manifested in our work
- < 2 Years experience supporting and troubleshooting
enterprise gradesoftware (Required)
- < 2 Years experience developing software (Required)
- Experience developing Java software (Preferred)
- 4 year / Bachelor's Degree (Preferred) / A combination of relevant experience and education may be considered
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with co-workers in a results-driven culture
Location: Eau Claire, WI
Travel: < 10%
Education: 4 year / Bachelor's degree preferred
Manager: Director, Software Engineering