Data Warehouse Architect
Aptean | Development | Alpharetta, GA
Would you like to be a part of the organization where high energy meets intellect? If you get excited by solving puzzles and working in a collaborative environment, then Aptean wants to work with you!!
Aptean provides very specific industries with very specific ERP, supply chain management, and customer experience solutions. In today’s fast-paced, highly competitive economy, organizations don’t have time to waste forcing homegrown software, spreadsheets, and one-size-fits-all solutions to do things they were never designed to do. Aptean is on a mission to end those workarounds – with industry-specific solutions instead of generic software, expert support instead of making you go it alone, and a steady influx of new ideas instead of the status quo. That is why over 2,500 highly specialized organizations in more than 20 industries and 54 countries rely on Aptean to streamline their everyday operations.
Aptean is focused on providing products and solutions to customers in specific verticals. Our products are rich in feature and functionality and delivered on premise, SaaS and Hybrid delivery models. Aptean’s products deliver value at lowest total cost of ownership and scale with needs of our customers. Most of our products and solutions are leaders in the vertical market segments they serve.
Aptean uses its core values of Drive For Results, Win Together, Foster Innovation, and Be Courageous to guide its employee community to serve every customer in every geography and market.
S/he will be a key contributor in our strategy to build new Analytics solutions for many of our products lines to extract insights from the data they contain. S/he will drive architectural direction and provide consultation to agile teams. This requires knowledge of a range of reporting and business intelligence frameworks, and experience applying them to deliver awesome user experience. Knowledge of databases, dimensional modeling, and ETL is also essential.
S/he will review and provide direction for complex projects, mentor junior team members, and evangelize our preferred technologies and frameworks across development teams.
The role offers expertise across product lines, manages divergent interests and contributes in making strategic decisions which will have an impact on the business.
Can advise Senior Management on specialized technical issues. Conducts, supports and reports research in her/his area of expertise.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- A Senior Architect, Development in the Common Technology group has deep working knowledge of their technology specialization.
- Has awareness of the approach Aptean products have adopted with respect to their specialization.
- The authority for the architectural direction and adoption strategy of the frameworks for which they are responsible.
- Enforces architectural constraints, rejecting designs which compromise system integrity.
- Participates in cross-product reviews and projects.
- Expert for all technologies used in within their specialization. Understands the related and competing technologies.
- Fosters adoption of their frameworks by providing documentation, training, sample code, and developer support.
- Report progress to department head and managers on adoption and effectiveness of the frameworks they are have developed.
- Makes sure the software and system architectures are in synchronization. Is good at modeling, rigorous in documenting decisions, and good at communicating them to various audiences.
- Acts as a key member of the change control board, especially during the final phase of the project.
- Should also have the qualities to lead fast, agile teams. S/he is a central decision point for technical issues, and should ensure development is not slowed by indecision. S/he should motivate the team and cooperate and respect the developers. In practice s/he will usually decide on the internal structure of the system and interfaces between components to increase parallel development, i.e. the architecture, but s/he must also account for human concerns such as proper credit for developer effort.
- Should asses and decide which code goes into the framework. Check code quality not only in terms of defects but also code flexibility and robustness over time. S/he delegates this task to a few trusted, core developers. Should also decide when a release is ready.
- Helps in defining the responsibilities of an Architect in the company, including what architecture means in the company. Creates a community of architects within the company. Creates training and education for the company's architects. Participates in identifying and recruiting potential architects. Explains the architecture of the company's products to customers.
Bachelors degree ideal and Masters Degree a plus.
Typically requires a minimum of 8 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 6 years and a Master’s degree; or equivalent experience. Typical range is 8+ years.
- Has advanced understanding of Data Modeling, OLAP, SQL and ETL.
- Hands on experience with one or more ETL tools such as SSIS.
- Hands on experience with several BI and Reporting Platforms.
- Experience with multiple database platforms, including Oracle, SQL Server and MySQL.
- Knowledge of Machine Learning and Predictive Analytics.
- Knowledge of Source Control and Project Management tools like TFS, Git and JIRA.
- Knowledge of DevOps best practices and automation of documentation, testing, build, deployment, configuration and monitoring.
- Knowledge of domains such as ERP, CRM, SCM or Infrastructure Enablement systems, working knowledge of project and product management is an advantage.
- Awareness of current industry trends and direction in BI/reporting and applicability to Aptean product strategies.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving abilities.
- Excels at generating new ideas.
- Strong team Building skills.
- Excellent Written and Spoken Communication skills with experience in active listening, mentoring and coaching. This also includes good negotiation skills, good stakeholder communications.
- Excellent at giving and receiving Feedback with the ability to handle conflicts professionally.
- Ability to Work with Global Teams at different time zones and ability to Learn and Adapt to Changes, New Process and Environment.
If you are determined to give your best every day and you are seeking an opportunity to work with an amazing group of people, then apply online today!
Aptean, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. In accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws we do not tolerate discrimination or harassment against any applicant for employment or employee with Aptean because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other group status protected by applicable law.