Advanced | Development | Bangalore, Karnataka
We’re one of the UK’s largest and fastest growing software companies. True partnership is the defining thing that enables us to stand out from the competition. We pride ourselves on delivering focused software solutions for the public sector, enterprise commercial and health & care organizations that simplify complex business challenges and deliver immediate and high-quality value.
POST TITLE: Software Engineer (C#, .NET, SQL, WCF, Windows)
LOCATION: Bangalore - India
EXPERIENCE LEVEL: 3-5 Years
Job Description: Healthcare Software Developer
India – Bangalore
Reporting to Development Manager
Advanced is expanding and is building great software teams that create products in the Healthcare, Enterprise Resource Planning, and Education markets. We are now in immediate need for talented software developers who can demonstrate excellent skills for creating modern healthcare applications.
Advanced Health and Care is a leading supplier of IT Solutions to the Healthcare sector.
Adastra is the market leading patient management system for unscheduled care across England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, the Republic of Ireland and the Netherlands.
We are the market leader for 111 services, with over 85% of Out-of-Hours GP services across the UK and Republic of Ireland. Adastra is a clinical case management, integration services and 24x7 technology infrastructure solution from Advanced Health and Care.
More than 14 million episodes of care are managed, connected, integrated and measured annually across Europe using Adastra. 100% committed to open-systems and interoperability, Adastra is fully engaged in connected care – in product, in spirit and in action.
Adastra is a windows-based application, mainly built using C# winforms, WCF and SQL server. The product is built upon SOLID principals and leverages time-tested design patterns for stability and better performance.
About the role:
This is an opportunity to work as a Software Developer within a team and employ the best practices and tools to create innovative and market leading solutions.
In this role you will:
· Manage small-scale development projects to delivery schedule.
· Learn our applications and become knowledgeable and proficient in their development.
· Translate software requirements into concise and robust program code.
· Work closely with the Product Owner to refine requirements, estimate development effort and gain their acceptance of the solution.
· Working closely with the Test Analyst, use effective automated and manual testing techniques at various levels to ensure the software is correct, performant and robust.
· Identify improvements to existing application code and designs, increasing flexibility and reducing future effort.
· Provide support, investigating technical issues and advising internal support technicians.
· Investigate and resolve software defects with the minimum impact and risk.
Our people deliver excellence in everything they do. They act with pace, are fearless and always do the right thing. We work together and act as a team, so you will
· Work as part of a high performing SCRUM team
· Identify problems, act and hold the responsibility of resolving them
· Aim for self-improvement and continuous learning
· Ask for help and help others
· Clearly explain and discuss technical points with both technical and non-technical people
· Say what you will do, by when, and work to do it in time
· Appreciate challenge and feedback from colleagues
You have a passion for all things connected with software development and an avid interest in technology. So, it’s no surprise that you have solid experience working as a software developer on high quality enterprise level solutions and can tell us about your experience across the whole software development life cycle.
You establish productive working relationships with your teammates and other colleagues, both technical and non-technical, and work collaboratively as part of a team to deliver on shared commitments. You are a self-starter and able to plan and manage your own workload. You enjoy working with technologies that are new to you and taking on additional roles that help the team make progress.
You have sound understanding and experience with:
· Modern software language capabilities such as object-orientation, generics, etc.
· C#/.NET and Visual Studio
· SQL databases, preferably Microsoft SQL Server
· Source Control with TFS or Git/GitHub or any similar version management tools
· Software development principles, patterns and practices
· Resourcefulness and troubleshooting aptitude
The following would be beneficial:
· Working with Windows Applications
· WCF, Web Services or Web API
· Best practice such as SOLID and TDD
· Agile development methodologies and practices
· CI/CD development infrastructure such as Jenkins, Team City
· Packaging systems such as Nuget.
· Healthcare software development including standards such as HL7, FHIR and SNOMED
You also have:
A degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent qualification or experience.
Good verbal and written English communication skills
· Health insurance benefits for up to eight members of the family
· Employee Assistance Programmes
· Organize/deliver or just attend regular tech talks, Meet Ups, podcasts
· Free coffee, tea and milk all the time!
Join the ‘A’ team!
Join a business that embraces innovation, gives you the scope to seize every opportunity and will help get you where you want to go. Life at Advanced begins in an unprecedented environment with a role that matters, taking you on a fast-paced journey of discovery, however big that might be.
We’re one of the UK’s largest and fastest growing software companies. True partnership is the defining thing that makes us different from the competition. We pride ourselves on delivering focused software solutions for public sector, enterprise commercial and health & care organisations that simplify complex business challenges and deliver immediate value.