Purchasing and Litigation Attorney
TIBCO | 83100 Legal HQ | Greenwood Village, CO
TIBCO is seeking a Procurement Contracts / Litigation Support Attorney for a globally focused Sourcing and Procurement Group to review supplier facing contracts and agreements. He/she will also oversee the growth of contract management policies, processes and systems to ensure efficient contract life cycle management operations providing legal advice and support to a busy team in a fast-paced and evolving environment, while also supporting the Litigation Counsel for the Americas. The Contracts Attorney will report to the Vice President, Global Licensing.
- Draft, review, and negotiate contractual language and standardize terms for use across vendors. Develop and maintain library of such standard agreements and terms
- Liaise with internal legal experts to ensure applicability and sufficiency of existing practices (e.g. GDPR, Employment, Compliance, FCPA, UK Antibribery Law, InfoSec etc.)
- Assist in the establishment, implementation, and communication of formal policies, processes and procedures to govern a supplier contract throughout its life-cycle
- Assist with the development, implementation, and improvement of systems to support the contract lifecycle management policies and process
- Perform industry research on legal matters related to the specific commodities and suppliers managed as well applicable legislation in various regions where the firm has offices
- Assist with the implementation and application of supplier risk management policies and governance, including but not limited to appraisal, assessment, on-boarding, risk and performance monitoring, policy compliance, and communication
- Contribute to the holistic negotiation of agreements with suppliers that achieve the optimal combination of service, cost, quality, and risk mitigation
- Stay abreast of and contribute to sourcing and procurement’s professional trends and functional innovation particularly around legal and contractual matters
- Manage discovery, including eDiscovery, during litigation, including reviewing discovery demands, collecting and reviewing documents, managing productions both internally and with outside counsel, and creating privilege logs.
- Manage evidence preservation holds, in-house discovery platform, and relationship with eDiscovery vendor
- Work with the IT Department to preserve and collect documents during investigations and litigation
- Stay current with eDiscovery best practices