Sr. Software Engineer
Ping Identity | Product Development - IDaaS (5102) | Austin, TX
At Ping Identity, we're changing the way people think about enterprise security technology. With our innovative Identity Defined Security platform, we're helping to build a borderless world where people have total freedom to work wherever and however they want. Without friction. Without fear.
We're headquartered in Denver, Colorado, and we have offices and employees around the globe. And we serve the largest, most demanding enterprises worldwide, including over half of the Fortune 100. Because even in the most complex enterprise environments, security shouldn't be a source of anxiety. It should be one of your greatest competitive advantages.
We call this digital freedom. And it's not just something we provide our customers. It's something that drives our company. People don't come here to join a culture that's built on digital freedom. They come to cultivate it.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will work on a cross-functional engineering team developing the next generation of Ping’s SaaS products. You will have opportunities to work on the full-stack, including our customer-facing REST APIs and web views. Our team works on critical authentication and other user-related features, and collaborates with other departments and development teams throughout the Agile development process. The right candidate will be an empowered self-starter able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Design and write code from user stories, write unit and integration tests, perform peer code reviews, collaborate with test and other teams
- Build published REST APIs
- Opportunity to implement user interfaces from wireframes using our shared React component library
Become a product expert in key areas to facilitate higher quality development efforts
- Proficient Java coding skills
- Proficient in Unix-based environments
- Experience debugging problems in a distributed system
- Application development with Spring Boot or Spring MVC in a production environment
- Experience with AuthZ/AuthN standards such as OAuth (1 or 2), OpenID Connect
- Experience with key platform technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka, Cassandra, LDAP, or Memcached
- Experience working with a microservices architecture (commercial SaaS applications is a plus)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science