Human Resources Director
Tomia | Human Resources | Vienna, VA
Human Resources Director, Americas Region
TOMIA was formed from the merger of Starhome Mach and Telarix, industry veterans in Roaming and Interconnect. TOMIA offers transformative connectivity solutions to service providers worldwide. Its innovative offering enables customers to manage a unified optimization process of both roaming and interconnect while driving the future of connectivity through new technologies and services such as VoLTE, NFV, and 5G. With over 500 employees worldwide, regional headquarters in the US, Israel, Luxembourg, India, and a presence in over 30 countries, Tomia serves over 400 operators including 30 tier-1 and six of the industry’s largest groups. To learn more visit www.tomiaglobal.com.
Do you have a desire to have a hand in supporting the culture and people strategy of a disruptive and innovative company? The Human Resources Leader, based in Vienna, VA manages all day to day responsibilities of the local HR team while partnering with regional HR resources around the globe. The HR Director must be autonomous and responsible, able to manage shifting priorities, and have the ability to influence a global footprint.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provide HR consultancy and support to leaders and employees in the United States along with other Americas region-based staff
- Lead a small local HR team
- Collaborate with business leadership on all local HR aspects, welfare, social responsibility, talent management, employee relations, managerial platforms, organizational development activities etc.
- Partner with other global HR leads to implement the HR strategy and leverage best practices to support business goals;
- Proactively define and implement local training plan, in alignment with organizational goals, to develop knowledge and capabilities across the region
- Locally lead ongoing integration and implementation of HR processes in region to include: Performance Management, Policies, Compensation, Tomia Values, site leadership forum etc.
- Drive talent KPIs as set forth by the executive leadership team
- Promote a value-driven culture via employee engagement, recruiting, and development
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Practical knowledge of applicable laws, requirements, and general HR practicum
- Ability to learn, research, and apply agile approaches to unique challenges across regions
- Professional fluency in English language, both verbal and written
- Proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Ability to prioritize workload.
- Ability to handle sensitive information while maintaining high degree of confidentiality.
- ~7 years of previous work experience in the field of HR, with at least 1 year of experience managing a team.
- Prefer experience working in global/international technology companies