Mobile Development Intern
Omnitracs | SW Engineering | Dallas, TX
At Omnitracs, we’re committed to being the leader in global transportation and logistics technology, optimizing the path ahead for our customers through disruptive innovation and integrated, dynamic and intelligent solutions. We’ve excelled in this capacity for over thirty years, and while a lot companies have sprung up to challenge us, none have been able to match us – and we have no intentions of slowing down now. Direction is foundational to our company. It’s the force that drives our business. And it propels our strategy forward.
Our direction is helping our customers find theirs. It’s what we do. It’s who we are. It’s our fuel, our engine and our deepest technical challenge. Helping our clients find their direction requires that we embrace any challenge to remain on the leading edge of innovation, that we embrace teamwork and collaboration to deliver the highest quality technology solutions and services, that we always act with integrity and that we remain and active leaders in our local and global communities.
We are looking for talented, innovative people with a strong sense of direction - who are committed to not simply following the path ahead but creating a new one.
INSERT JOB DESCRIPTION HERE
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Design and build cutting edge software on the customized Android platform
- Learn about Agile methodologies, source control systems. issue tracking software like jira and get involved in peer code reviews
- Enhance your learning experience by collaborating with senior engineers.
- EDUCATION:Actively pursuing a degree in Computer Science/Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- Experience with Android SDK and APIs
- Experience with Java
- Some idea/exposure to C/C++
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Energetic, enthusiastic and trustworthy.