Cvent | Technology | Vancouver, British Columbia
Cvent’s Vancouver office is focused on building out the next generation mobile app platform. We have a diverse, collaborative and open environment where our teams are focused on building features that delight our customers. We create thousands of customer apps a year and have millions of downloads in both the Apple and Google app stores. Needless to say, it’s an exciting time to be a part of the world’s largest software solutions provider of mobile event apps for conferences, meetings, conventions, and trade shows.
We are looking for Senior Software Engineers to join our rapidly growing Technology Team. Cvent’s Technology Team is responsible for the design, development and operation of the company’s suite of cloud-based software products. We are also currently engaged in a major initiative to build our next generation software platform, utilizing the most cutting edge tools and technologies.
What You Will Be Doing
Work on Internet scale applications, where performance, reliability and scalability, are critical design goals – not after-thoughts.
Learn the nuts and bolts of microservices architecture and build robust RESTful APIs.
Create beautiful, interactive and easy-to-use web applications using modern client-side frameworks and libraries
Gain experience with different database technologies, ranging from traditional relational to the latest NoSQL products such as Couchbase and Elastic Search.
Create innovative mobile applications on a wide range of platforms including iOS, Android and others.
What You Need for this Position
The prerequisites for joining our development team are simple. We care more about your attitude and aptitude than the specific tools and technologies you have used in the past. You need to have a strong passion for software development and must take pride in your coding. You should also have great analytical skills and ability to handle complex, modular software development in a collaborative team-based environment.
- BS in Computer Science or related field
- 4+ years of experience working with Java with a strong foundation in data structures and algorithms and a solid understanding of concurrent programming in Java and other Java concepts
- 2+ years of experience building distributed systems
- 2+ years of experience working with relational databases (such as Oracle, SQLServer, MySQL)
- 2+ years of experience working with NoSQL databases (such as CouchBase, MongoDB, Cassandra etc.). Experience with CouchBase is a huge plus.
- BS in Computer Science or related field. An advanced degree is highly preferred.
Nice to Have
- Cloud database offerings such as Amazon RDS, Microsoft SQLAzure, etc.
- Microservices and technologies like Dropwizard, Spring Boot, Liquibase, JDBI, etc.
- Experience with big data methodologies involving Hive/Hadoop/ Spark
- An advanced degree is highly preferred