Aptean | Development | Bangalore,
Would you like to be a part of the organization where high energy meets intellect? If you get excited by solving puzzles and working in a collaborative environment, then Aptean wants to work with you!!
Aptean is a leading global provider of industry-focused mission critical enterprise software solutions. Our solutions help nearly 6,500 organizations stay at the forefront of their industries by satisfying their customers and continuing to operate more efficiently. Headquartered in Alpharetta, GA, Aptean has offices in North America, Europe, and India, as well as an extensive Partner Channel. Our customers are located in 74 countries across Europe, Latin America, and North America. Aptean is focused on providing products and solutions to customers in specific verticals. Our products are rich in feature and functionality and delivered on premise, SaaS and Hybrid delivery models. Aptean’s products deliver value at lowest total cost of ownership and scale with needs of our customers. Most of our products and solutions are leaders in the vertical market segments they serve. Aptean uses its core values of Drive For Results, Win Together, Foster Innovation, and Be Courageous to guide its employee community to serve every customer in every geography and market.
Job Description: User Interface and Usability Engineer
Position: User Interface and Software usability engineer
Usability is a quality attribute that assesses how easy user interfaces are to use,"
Usability engineers help improve the quality of human interaction with computer applications in a work setting. Simply put, they apply computer skills and technological acumen to make computer tools more user-friendly
· Collaborate with other User Interface specialists in the organization and lead the user interface and interaction design of Aptean’s product platform on mobile and other applications
· Develop high level and/or detailed storyboards, mockups, user flows and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
· Work collaboratively with other designers, product managers, engineers, merchandisers and buyers to deliver hypothesis driven designs.
· Work closely with product managers to identify and clarify customer requirements developing rich and realistic user scenarios for mobile platform to support product definition and design;
· Design user interaction models that contribute to a high-quality product experience;
· Communicate designs to the engineering team through diagrams, drawings, detailed specifications and interactive prototypes;
Evangelize user-centered design process across products and conducts demos and presentations for customers and management
• Work closely with user researchers to define user research and provide support for on-going usability efforts throughout an agile product development cycle.
• Rapid prototyping of experimental features supported by appealing and user-centered design concept
• Creating and testing features for usability and making changes where necessary, taking an iterative, agile approach
• Design well thought-out solutions for usability challenges across different web and mobile platforms
• Collaborate with engineering team on concepts and designs
· Three to Five years of industry experience designing and prototyping UI / UX for enterprise applications on mobile devises or browsers
· Ability to take user-centered approach to user interface and usability design with deep understanding of information architecture, interaction and usability best practices, especially related to mobile user interface design.
· Strong conceptual and analytical skills and demonstrated ability to prototype and design elegant UI solutions to user problems
· Relevant experience in Human Computer Interaction, Cognitive Psychology, Interaction Design, or Graphic Design preferred.
· Demonstrable prior projects related to mobility design and online portfolio available for review preferred
· Experience in designing for mobile form factors (tablet and smart phone) is a plus
· Excellent communication skills
· Impeccable attention to detail
· Ability to prototype in both low and hi fidelity
· Ability to collaborate with other designers, engineers and product managers
· Ability to empathize with a variety of different types of users
· Deep understanding of information architecture, interaction and usability best practices
· Must be self-motivated to prioritize and manage workload and meet critical project milestones and deadlines
· Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
· Experience with user testing
· Experience working in an agile environment
If you are determined to give your best every day and you are seeking an opportunity to work with an amazing group of people, then apply online today!