Junior Java Developer
Regulatory DataCorp | Product Development | King of Prussia, PA
Calling all recent college grads and programmers Extraordinaires looking to break into a phenomenal development career for a growing regulatory technology “RegTech” company. RegTech is an emerging field within the financial services industry that utilizes information technology to enhance regulatory compliance.
As a software engineer, you’ll work in an Agile, collaborative environment to understand requirements, and design, code, and test innovative applications. You will also support those applications for our highly valued customers. Work as a part of a growing team that is focused on software development supporting a proven enterprise platform.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, an independent worker, polished, and have good communication skills. A positive attitude with the ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced and fluid work environment is imperative for this role. Strong attention to detail, flexibility, and interpersonal astuteness are key factors for the position.
RDC is expanding its usage of cloud-based solutions with a strong emphasis on machine learning (ML) and artificial intelligence (AI). Our Developers are exposed to modern cloud strategies and interact closely with our Data Science Team.
- Assist in design, development, implementation, and analysis of technical products and systems.
- Perform engineering design tasks using standard techniques.
- Assist more senior engineers in the preparation of designs, implementation strategy, development planning and reports.
- Support quality development practices and pursue new and better ways to build software.
- Understand and follow emerging design to appropriately meet the business needs of our clients.
- Use what works while keeping an eye out for new and better ways.
- Actively participate in improving the code base by performing code reviews.
- Reach outside the mainstream to adopt the best of all communities: open source, programming, etc.
- Continuously improve and don't be content with the status quo -- code can always be better expressed, more elegant and simpler, and higher in quality.
RDC is a technology company that provides governance, risk, and compliance solutions. We integrate the world’s largest open source risk-relevant database into an agile software as a solution (SaaS) technology platform that protects our global clients from regulatory risks.
RDC has a stable track record of growth in its market. We deliver quality software solutions, powerful, decision-ready intelligence and world-class risk and compliance protection. This enables global organizations to identify banned/suspect entities, strengthen fraud protection, ensure regulatory compliance, manage supply and distribution risk, and protect their brand equity. RDC is a globally recognized leader of Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Know Your Customer (KYC), Anti-Bribery & Corruption, and Politically Exposed Person (PEP) screening solutions.
RDC is expanding its usage of cloud-based solutions with a strong emphasis on machine learning (ML) and artificial intelligence (AI). Our software engineers are exposed to modern cloud strategies and interact closely with our Data Science Team.
Our technology solutions play an important role in the battle to make the world a better, safer place to be, by keeping criminal money out of the financial system. Criminals are always looking for ways to convert their illegal gains into legitimate income supporting a host criminal activity, from drug cartels and human traffickers to terrorist financing. Work with RDC and make the world a better, safer place!
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science
- 0-2 years related experience (including internships and/or cooperative work experience)
- Software Development Experience in developing object-oriented (OOP) software applications. This could be C#, Java, VB.NET, Python
- Problem Solving Skills
- Experience with one or more of the following application frameworks: Spring, Struts, Ibatis
Experience with open-source relational database management system MySQL
- Java experience required
- Experience implementing functionality using one or more of the following:
o SOAP and/or REST messaging protocol
o SVN (Apache Subversion) software versioning and revision control system
- Knowledge of server application containers: Tomcat, Jetty, JBoss
- Cloud experience a plus – AWS