Senior Software Engineer - India
Advanced | Development | Bangalore, Karnataka
We’re one of the UK’s largest and fastest growing software companies. True partnership is the defining thing that enables us to stand out from the competition. We pride ourselves on delivering focused software solutions for the public sector, enterprise commercial and health & care organizations that simplify complex business challenges and deliver immediate and high-quality value.
POST TITLE: Software Engineer
LOCATION: Bangalore - India
REPORTING TO: Respective Line Manager
EXPERIENCE LEVEL: 6 + Years
A proven software developer with 3-5 years of strong PROGRESS 4GL technologies with development experience in developing applications using PROGRESS 4GL/.ADM/WEBSPEED and required to work within a team for a financial or human capital products.
A proven Senior Software Developer with 6-8 years of strong development experience with technical skills related to PROGRESS. Key Skillset should include PROGRESS 4GL, WEBSPEED, ADM , ADM2, Openedge latest version.
Candidate should have development and support experience in handling products related to Financial domain.
1. Very Strong basics and fundamentals concepts in Open Edge, Object Oriented ABL, .Net Frame Work, AppServer, PRODataset.
2. Progress 4GL, CHUI, GUI, ADM/ADM2, Open Edge, Data PA, XML, DOM, SAX, .Net Framework for Progress ABL.
3. Database Designing and Application Programming.
5. Either strong OOP or Functional Programming and modelling skills
6. Experience building complex application systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
7. Should be capable to lead the team and drive initiatives on development or support.
8. Experience working in an agile environment, Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
9. Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams and management to collect requirements, identify tasks, provide estimates and meet production deadlines
10. Experience with professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations