Manager, Content Marketing / Copywriter Manager
PowerSchool | Marketing | Roanoke, VA
The Manager, Content Marketing is responsible for planning and creating engaging written content in a variety of formats for inbound and outbound marketing programs. Includes managing a team of copywriters in the content development workflow to generate compelling thought leadership and demand generating content that supports campaign objectives. As an exceptional writer yourself, you will take a hands-on role in shaping messaging, content strategy, and measurement to deliver the highest quality content and inspire the work of the writing team.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Lead a team of copywriters in the creation of best-in-class content, ensuring consistency in brand voice, style, tone, and messaging.
• Collaborate across functions to deliver an effective content and editorial plan that includes blog management, webinars, eBooks, whitepapers, infographics, newsletters, and other marketing collateral.
• Maintain a brand publisher mindset: to create the content our audiences are looking for and optimize the path to conversion.
• Set the strategic direction for content writing structure, development, and measurement, and optimize copy and messaging based on ongoing evaluation of content performance across different channels.
• Conduct high-quality research and interviews.
• Manage external writers and contracted thought-leader contributors as needed.
To be considered for and to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Qualifications include:
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, English, Journalism, or related field
• 2+ years’ experience managing a team of copy/content writers
• 5+ years’ experience as a copywriter or related role
• Leadership skills to inspire the development of writers while cultivating a team spirit that is both disciplined and collaborative
• Proficient in Google Analytics and monitoring and reporting of content performance
• Understanding of SEO, digital content management, and social media optimization
• Knowledge of best practices and experience writing for different channels and personas