Cvent | Technology | Gurgaon, Haryana
UX Designer I – Cvent
Product designers live at the intersection of business, technology and human values. They collaborate directly with design researchers, business analysts, content writers, visual designers, developers and other stakeholders to develop thoughtful solutions that exceed the needs of the business, technological capabilities and the expectations of the customer.
We’re looking for talented and passionate designers to help shape the future of the event industry. We want to see your work, how you think through problems and what design principles guide your process.
What You Will Be Doing
You will focus on information architecture, user flow design, interaction design, and user research on one or more initiatives along with a senior designer. You will independently manage your projects, but work closely with a design manager or lead designer. You will work with Agile sprint teams championing human-centered design, and help shape design practices that work best with Agile Methods.
- Solve complex problems and drive multiple small-to-medium scale efforts simultaneously.
- Approach each project with consideration for the larger Cvent platform and business model. Deeply understand multiple products beyond your own product area, and be mindful of touchpoints in the overall user journey across the platform.
- Create proposals for design and research plans with guidance from the leads.
- Design for broad user base with multiple personas and scenarios. Dive into existing user research, metrics and balance with intuition and sensibility.
- Participate in usability tests and apply learnings to enhance your designs. Be comfortable talking to customers for research purposes.
- Confidently present designs to peers, stakeholders and leadership, and articulate rationales behind design decisions.
- Facilitate design collaboration sessions and reviews. Proactively seek feedback and input from those involved in the projects.
- Embrace and adopt our product design system - UX standards, best practices, styles, patterns and guidelines - as well as contribute to it by introducing emerging design techniques and their appropriate usage.
- Visualize and communicate design solutions via workflow diagrams, storyboards, click-through wireframes, high-fidelity screens, and design documentations.
What You Need For This Position
- Bachelor’s degree in HCI, Design with related field or equivalent work experience
- 1-3 years of experience as a UX professional at a technology company or agency
- Expert in design, presentation, and prototyping tools (e.g., Adobe Suite, Sketch and InVision)
- Good understanding of the capabilities of HTML, CSS, and JS
- An understanding of user research methodologies
- An understanding of responsive and adaptive design approaches for mobile
Nice to Have
- Experience conducting your own user research with prototypes
- Understanding of the front-end frameworks for different OS platforms (e.g., React, Angular, Ember, iOS, Android)
- Knowledge of hospitality industry and experience of working on enterprise software
Cvent, Inc. (www.cvent.com) is the world’s leading provider of cloud-based software for meetings and event management. Our platform of products includes software to manage and facilitate online event registration, meeting site selection, event management, e-mail marketing and web surveys.
Know more about Cvent here.