Director, Customer Success
MINDBODY | Customer Service | San Luis Obispo, CA
The Director of Customer Success will have overall responsibilities for the actions and performance of Customer Success teams at MINDBODY. The incumbent will lead and guide the team to develop strategies to promote customer software adoption, drive customer satisfaction, develop customer action plans for dissatisfied customers, increase customers under contract and increase contract renewals. The Director, Customer Success will partner with other MINDBODY leaders in Revenue Ops, Sales, Onboarding and Support to create and deliver a seamless customer experience. Additionally, the incumbent will also be responsible for aligning and reporting on the effectiveness of Customer Success as it relates to the overall MINDBODY business strategies and work with leadership on how best to leverage and expand Customer Success to deliver ROI for both customers and MINDBODY.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience; MBA preferred
- Ten (10) years of experience working in a Customer Success or related function within a growing SaaS business
- Five (5) years of management experience
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement change with measurable outcomes within a Customer Success organization
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and motivate and drive work efforts; and able to manage and lead remote or regional teams
- Ability to present at the senior leadership level on the importance and effectiveness of Customer Success
- Demonstrated ability with implementing processes and systems that enable effectiveness and accuracy of reporting
- Strong negotiating skills with the ability to handle challenging customer conversations skillfully
- Demonstrated ability in implementing and leveraging Gainsight and Salesforce is preferred
- Demonstrated ability of directly increasing revenue through Customer Success related activities
- Demonstrated ability to work with SMB and Mid-market customers
- Demonstrated ability in developing and teaching the successful use of customer success plans and strategies
- Demonstrated ability with driving a culture of customer outcomes and results through a variety of activities and strategies
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate information, both verbally and in writing, in a clear and understandable manner that has a high level of impact. Ability to respond to questions in group and one-on-one consultative settings
- Working knowledge of scheduling, planning and project management practices and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to use active listening skills and advanced analytical skills to work through complex situations to effectively resolve a problem with the customer
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task with a high-level of accuracy and attention to detail
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the hiring, development and performance assessments of the departmental management team and their direct reports. Work closely with P&C Business Partners and Recruiting to fill open positions and update job descriptions, as needed.
- Identify and respond to the Voice of the Customer information at both a macro and micro-level as it relates to customers that are under Customer Success Management.
- Develop and maintain key metrics for the department managers, including, but are not limited to: capacity; revenue retention; revenue expansion; and customer satisfaction.
- Highest level of
- Establish and implement processes and supporting systems and tools that will enable the department managers to provide data back to the business on the effectiveness.