CentralSquare Technologies | Cloud | Lake Mary, FL
CentralSquare Technologies is looking for a new Systems Engineer to join our Cloud Hosting team at several of our locations, including Lake Mary FL, Greensboro NC, and Sioux Falls SD. Our Systems Engineer role will be responsible for design and maintenance of the infrastructure used by CentralSquare’s Cloud Solutions: to include AWS, Azure and VMware, operating systems, and CentralSquare applications. Job duties will include building new servers, performing system backups and recovery, maintaining data files, and monitoring system configurations to ensure data integrity, among others. We are looking for a hard working individual to join our growing team who has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures of server, virtual server, and network administration.
Note: This role will require after-normal-business hours support and possible weekend work, and will require being part of the technical 24/7 on-call rotation.
· Service-oriented mentality.
· High sense of ownership of the problems and requests assigned.
· Focus on managing and resolving issues in alignment with the SLAs
· Strong communicator. Establish and maintain communications with customers to keep them updated with status of their requests, influence customers, and successfully set their expectations. Has well developed listening skills.
· Able to resolve basic and Experience issues within CentralSquare application or servers, independently. Proactively escalating any issues that cannot be resolved within the established timeframes.
· Able maintain effective team relationships through appropriate communications skills, participation in team discussions, and assisting other team members with resolving issues or completing projects.
· Experience in troubleshooting computer and networking issues.
· Experience with installing, updating, and supporting operating systems such as Windows Server.
· Experience with installing, updating, and supporting VMware vSphere/ESXi.
· Experience with backups, restore and recovery models.
· Experience level of experience in implementing operational automation using scripts.
· Familiarity with working with Active Directory and proper disk configurations.
· Experience with AWS or Azure Cloud is a plus.
· Basic understanding of SAN operations and usage.
· Well established documentation skills.
· Certifications are a plus;
· Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related fields or equivalent 4 years of work experience required.
· 4+ year work experience in a production environment
· Ability to travel (expect less than 5%) to client sites and/or conferences.
· Have a cell phone (some reimbursement may be possible) and be willing to share cell phone number with coworkers.
· When working remotely or on-call, have Internet access.