Upserve | Product Development | Providence, RI
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Upserve is seeking a Product Manager to lead product development efforts to build integrations across our Platform. In this high-visibility role you will join a small but mighty group of dedicated Product Managers and will collaborate with teams across the company to translate our customers' needs and our company's vision and goals into product strategy.
Working closely with the Engineering teams and employing your expertise in defining commercialization, go-to-market strategy and managing partner ecosystems, the Platform Product Manager leads all Partner APIs and Partner integration initiatives with a focus on robust and differentiated integrations to solve challenging business problems for mutual customers. You will plan and build integrations that enhance our product offerings and personally manage our partners, their feedback, and the commercial relationship. You will participate in quarterly roadmap and resource allocation planning to build the best API platform in the business.
Day-to-day this means:
- Lead API definition and delivery across Upserve’s platform; become the internal evangelist for our APIs and build API literacy across all customer facing teams
- Manage growing partner ecosystem and define commercialization and go-to-market strategy for new partners
- Translate strategy into prioritized, stack-ranked initiatives, features, and requirements within features, using tools like Aha.io
- Handle interdependencies within a release. Call out and squash risk and ambiguity in the plan. Prioritize bugs / invisible improvements alongside new features
- Know the industry players and key competitors and figure out how we leave them no room to win
- Communicate clearly and effectively, to both technical and non-technical audiences, whether it's via Slack , Google docs, email, presentation, tweet, blog post, spreadsheet or github
- Define whole product requirements. Anticipate the needs of partners, success team, sales and more
- Collaborate with design/UX team on wireframes, prototypes and mockupsCollaborate with product marketing peers to set positioning, messaging and communicate the vision to internal and external audiences, such as on our website
- Stay close to our sales team, especially for feature requests (usually, so you can say no)
- Train customer success & support team on product capabilities and use of the API
- Understand deeply how customers use our product (using Totango, Intercom, interviews, etc.)
- Measure product-market fit after launch, to guide iterative improvement
- Become the internal evangelist for our APIs and build API literacy across all customer facing teams.
Above all else, all Upserve employees are united in our shared optimism, passion, and enthusiasm for the customers we support through our innovative product. We care deeply about the industry we serve. Whether you're a BOH veteran, or simply love the grit and determination of restaurateurs, you need to be able to empathize with our customers. Additionally, you must be results-driven and intrigued by the use of data to inform decisions. You value a high degree of autonomy and personal impact and manage through ambiguity with ease.You are as comfortable talking with engineers as you are with customers. You are a leader. You fight for the user! You can walk, chew gum and a bunch of other stuff at the same time (because you've probably stack-ranked these activities ... and if you were to trip, you know which ball would drop). When a new product comes out, you appreciate the decisions and tradeoffs that were made, and ponder alternatives.
- 3+ years experience as a Technical Product Management in a Software Development or SaaS environment
- Experience managing a roadmap for public-facing API
- Partner commercialization and go-to-market experience
- Agile project management experience (Scrum Master, Product Owner)
- Experience performing business requirements analysis/ design, prioritizing goals and mitigating dev’t risks
- Excellent communication skills particularly in communicating technical information to non-technical audiences
- Ability to prioritize goals and roadmaps, and to identify and mitigate development risksExperience managing partners and integrations
Bonus Points for:
- AWS and application interface knowledgeArticulating the difference between REST and SOAP (you don’t need to be able to write your own code - but understanding the particulars of APIs is key to success)
- Discussing examples of APIs you’ve interacted with or built on
- Describing how you might use Twitter’s API to build a useful new feature to Twitter users.
ABOUT THE PRODUCT YOU'LL BE LEADING:
- Over the last 6 months, Upserve received NPS scores of +43, +65, +55 +52, +72 +80, higher than any other tech firm selling software to small businesses.
- Our business is in hyper growth, doubling since last year, with thousands of restaurant customers.
- Our platform has massive data from which to make decisions: we manage over 11 million meals per month and over 16 million active diners (see our recent press release)Our LTV to CAC and our SaaS 'Quick Ratio' both exceed 4 x.
- Some of the technologies in our stack include React / React Native, DynamoDB, RDS, Ruby, TypeScript, Docker, ECS, and more.