Vertafore | Professional Services
Make an impact and love what you do! Vertafore is a top provider of software for the insurance industry that keeps transforming. We create award-winning solutions to boost productivity, lower costs and help agents and carriers grow their businesses. We respect and value our team, and we look to bring the best talent together to make our future even stronger.
The Project Manager delivers results by leading multiple tactical projects of high complexity in scope and involve multiple cross functional areas. Project Manager ensure processes and solutions align with business objectives, while working collaboratively within technology and the business units to achieve the stated objectives, measurable goals, and deliverables of these projects.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the software development team.
- Ensure software engineering processes and security engineering practices are followed.
- Ensure teams deliver finished, high quality, and compelling software products.
- Travel up to 20% to client sites
- Coordinating internal resources and vendors for the flawless execution of projects.
- Ensuring that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Development of project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Work with Directors (a.k. Program Leaders and Practice Leaders) to ensure resource availability and allocation supports the work commitments for each client.
- Develop a detailed project/release plan to track progress.
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs.
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques.
- Report and escalate to management as needed.
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks (i.e. RAID logs).
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors where applicable.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation and/or systematic capturing of all work related requests and use cases/requirements.
- Manage the software engineering schedules to meet or beat deadlines.
- Monitor technology trends such as emerging standards.
- Develop and execute software engineering plans, schedules, and resource allocation including managing joint development with 3rd party vendors and outsourced development efforts.
- Develop, document, and enforce software engineering processes to ensure reproducible high quality results within cost constraints.
- Engage in hands-on, in-depth analysis, design, and review of software developed in-house as well as technologies.
- Provide employee development, teambuilding, coaching, and mentoring
- Support employees by procuring and maintaining software tools, test equipment, and engineering lab resources
- Some travel may be required to visit Clients in the USA.
- Facilitate triage and timely closure of incidents reported in Client Care Portal.
- Lead weekly status reporting meetings with clients and internal team for all projects.
- Facilitate monthly steering committee meetings with clients and internal teams.
- Manage and reconcile resource hours for invoicing the clients.
- Manage and track all action items reported by internal team and client.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of three but no more than 8 years of Software Development Project Management experience.
- CSM Certification required
- PMP Certification a plus, but not required
- Insurance Industry experience preferred, but not required.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access)
- Proficiency with MS Project and MS Visio preferred.
- Experience managing development projects using an Agile development approach
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to create systems and user documents and similar documentation
- Experience with high visibility projects, comfortable reporting status and issues to C level management
- Experience managing all phases of the SDLC for application development efforts
- Experience documenting business work flows and reengineering work flows to leverage new system and technology capabilities
- Able to motivate and lead a team.
- Strong software product development and engineering process skills.
- Good understanding of the software business and its practices.
- Strong communications skills, both in writing and speaking.
- Ability to excite and motivate employees, partners, and customers with a compelling vision.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to multi-task and successfully execute multiple projects simultaneously and allocate resources to meet deadlines.
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is required sitting (to sit) for long periods of time using a computer. The employee is required to use the stairs for meetings or office space. The employee must regularly lift and/or move 10 to 25 pounds. The employee is often requiring traveling.
While performing the responsibilities of the job, these work environment characteristics are representative of the environment the job holder will encounter. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
This position description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the essential job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee will possess the skills, aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills and abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.