Senior Database Administrator
CentralSquare Technologies | Cloud | Greensboro, NC
This role can be located at our Greensboro NC, Lake Mary FL, or Sioux Falls SD offices.
CentralSquare is seeking a Senior SQL Server database administrator/engineer to join our Cloud team. Ideal candidates must be self-motivated and possess strong analytical and communication skills. The role requires off-hours and weekend availability when on-call (paid). This SR DBA roll will partner with the Jr. Database Administrator in maintaining and providing 24/7 support of the database management systems for CentralSquare’s Cloud product offerings based on Microsoft database technologies. This position will be involved in providing support for the Microsoft SQL Server infrastructure which includes programming, installation, and monitoring, tuning and troubleshooting issues for a commercially hosted 3-tier application in a high availability environment. This role will be working with optimizing database performance, database upgrades and/or migrations.
· Support the operational environments' database systems across SQL Server,
· Provide input on capacity planning, high availability solutions and upgrade strategies
· Ensure all access controls are followed including, SOC, PCI, CJIS and HIPPA.
· Manage lifecycle support of database systems by applying patches, upgrades, and routine database maintenance in an automated fashion.
· Plan and execute database migrations as needed.
· Monitor and improve performance; diagnose and resolve database-related problems.
· Design and manage backup and recovery processes and continuity of operations plan.
· SQL Server and SRSS required
· AWS RDS and AWS Aurora experience preferred
· Knowledge of the principles and practices of database design, management, and maintenance
· Experience with replication and clustering strategies for high-trafficked systems
· Production experience with performance tuning queries and stored procedures
· Experience with large scale data sets in a high-performance environment
· Familiarity with a database deployment and version management tools
· Desire to work in a collaborative environment across multiple teams
· Automation skills using TSQL, and PowerShell
· Understanding of and experience with Change and Incident Management processes
· Experience supporting large scale databases on AWS or Azure as well as VMware
· Automation knowledge of Docker, Ansible, Jenkins is a plus