Software Engineer II, Data Products
7Park Data | Engineering | New York, NY
The Software Engineer will join other extremely passionate engineers that share a common interest in distributed systems, performance, scale, and solving problems with software and data. Our technologies power the insights for financial service and corporate giants.Ideal candidates are those who are excited by big data challenges and enjoy using new technologies to make large datasets feel small.
- Implement new features for 7Park’s data distribution platforms, in collaboration with product teams.
- Work closely with cross-functional stakeholders, such as research, customer success, product, data science, and engineering teams to ensure smooth functioning of our live data products.
- Troubleshoot data and system issues of our live applications and data products and effectively and proactively communicate possible business impact to the various stake holders.
- Develop POCs for validating new tools and services to enhance and streamline generation and distribution of our data products.
- Read relevant blogs and articles and grow as an engineer.
- 3+ years working as an engineer in a data focused team building data processing frameworks and capabilities.
- Must be proficient with Python - knowledge in Pandas, NumPy and Excel Libraries.
- Experience with RESTful API programming is a must.
- Experience with relational databases such as PostgreSQL and MySQL.
- Experience developing solutions on the AWS platform. Knowledge about Docker and container orchestration (preferably ECS) will be a plus.
- Expertise troubleshooting software and systems.
- Flexible and can adapt to changing demands of a startup environment.