Professional Services Engineer
Ping Identity | Professional Services (1100) | ,
At Ping Identity, we're changing the way people think about enterprise security technology. With our innovative Identity Defined Security platform, we're helping to build a borderless world where people have total freedom to work wherever and however they want. Without friction. Without fear.
We're headquartered in Denver, Colorado, and we have offices and employees around the globe. And we serve the largest, most demanding enterprises worldwide, including over half of the Fortune 100. Because even in the most complex enterprise environments, security shouldn't be a source of anxiety. It should be one of your greatest competitive advantages.
We call this digital freedom. And it's not just something we provide our customers. It's something that drives our company. People don't come here to join a culture that's built on digital freedom. They come to cultivate it.
We are currently seeking a US-based, developer for the Professional Services team at Ping Identity. The Professional Services team is part of our Global Customer Success organization at Ping and delivers professional services for federated identity and access management solutions. This includes federation architecture consulting, installation, configuration assistance, and software connection solutions for Ping Identity products.
We are looking for an individual with a passion for delivering customer solutions. This role is very much hands-on. The successful candidate will be expected to take initiative, manage customer expectations, and manage projects to completion. The developer will report to a Senior Manager, Professional Services and is supported by PS Engineering Team Lead. The PS Engineer is expected to lead a portfolio of professional services engagements. The successful candidate will have deep experience in web application security and federated identity and will need to be able to showcase these skills in a customer-facing setting
This can be a field-based role.
- Build and implement custom integration solutions (also known as Non-Standard Integration Kits) leveraging Ping SDKs
- Manage a portfolio of customer Professional Services engagements under the guidance of a Sr Professional Services Engineer
- Provide consulting services to Ping customers on how to configure Ping products to achieve a customer’s desired use cases
- Research new technologies and determine their applicability to the Ping Identity product line
- Help expand the Professional Services Non-Standard Integration Kit offerings
- Build strong relationships with customers, partners, and team members
- Provide regular updates to customers, partners, and Professional Services leaders on project progress
- Provide regular feedback to the Professional Services PMO to guide future methodology and packaged service development
- Java development experience
- Web application development experience
- Experience building and using web APIs (SOAP, XML, REST, JSON, SCIM)
- Ability to present project solutions to clients, manage client expectations, and implement and deliver solutions
- World class interpersonal verbal & written communication skills
- Ability to build strong internal and external relationships
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work collaboratively with both internal and partners in defining sustainable customer solutions
- High standard for solution and process quality
- Able to work under the guidance and supervision of a Sr Professional Services Engineer
- Understanding of web application security and federated identity industry
- HTTP and related technologies experience
- Database/Directory integration experience
- Windows, Unix, Linux experience
Other Desired Qualifications/Experience:
- Experience with the technical implementation and/or implementing web application security/federated identity solutions
- Federated Identity and Single Sign-On
- Software security
- x509 certificates
- ADFS, SiteMinder, Oracle Access Manager, IBM
- SAML, WS-Fed, WS-Trust Oauth, OpenID, XACML
- SaaS Application Integration
- Experience working with/for system integrators
- Experience with Databases (Oracle, Sybase, MSSQL, MySQL).
- Experience implementing solutions with social APIs including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
- Security certifications like CISSP/CIPP/CIPM
- Knowledge of Identity Management, Access Management, and Directory Services technologies including LDAPv3, SQL and noSQL technologies.
- Very limited travel (less than 15%) is expected in this role