Senior Corporate Accountant
Trintech | Accounting/Finance
Trintech is the leading provider of financial solutions for the record-to-report process cycle. Customers use our products to gain greater stability and control over their critical record-to-report financial processes, leading to better overall business performance. Over 1700 customers from the retail, manufacturing, financial, and service industries across 100+ countries utilize Trintech solutions, including half of the Fortune 50 and organizations listed on the FTSE 100 and other international exchanges. Each is realizing the benefits of the company’s configurable and highly scalable solutions every day to: ensure the accuracy and integrity of financial data; identify and reduce transaction risk; optimize employee efficiency, improve the quality and timeliness of disclosure management and strengthen internal controls to support compliance requirements.
The Senior Corporate Accountant will assist with all aspects of the Company’s month-end close cycle including preparation of journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, technical accounting research, documenting and refining internal controls and assisting with external financial reporting. The ideal individual is a well-rounded top performer who can be a key contributor in a high-energy growth environment, organized, detail oriented that has an analytical mind and the ability to learn and adapt to changes. This position will work closely with junior team members and business partners, including cross-functional teams.
To be successful in this role, you must be a seasoned accounting professional who thrives in a fast pace environment and is able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously with great attention to detail. Your can-do attitude will make an immediate impact on a rapidly growing company.
- Be responsible for accurate and timely month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close procedures for assigned balance sheets and income statement accounts (including preparing and/or reviewing journal entries, account reconciliations and roll forward schedules)
- Support the Accounting Manager in enhancing the Company's existing accounting procedures and internal controls and seek opportunities to improve accounting operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Identify opportunities to centralize and/or automate general ledger impacting activities.
- Develop, implement and maintain key policies and procedures for your area of responsibilities.
- Research, resolve, operationalize and document complex and non-routine accounting transactions
- Assist in preparing monthly balance sheet and income statement fluctuation analysis along with meaningful commentary for management reporting
- Analyze financial data to identify discrepancies and collaborate with respective teams to resolve issues
- Work proactively with external auditors during interim reviews and annual audits to compile necessary audit support.
- Cross-train and mentor staff accountants
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
- The ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment where you are managing competing priorities and are able to meet deadlines
- A proactive approach to problem solving and ability to deal with ambiguity
- Strives to complete tasks efficiently and accurately
- Demonstrates the ability to perform technical accounting research as well as good professional judgment in selecting methods and techniques for arriving at accounting solutions.
- Skilled at setting up automated processes and increasing operational efficiency.
- Excellent communication skills; works well both independently and in a team environment.
- Familiarity working with, summarizing, and manipulating large data sets in MS Excel (pivot tables, filtering data, etc.).
- 4+ years of general ledger accounting experience with a solid understanding of US GAAP
- Prior public accounting experience and CPA are highly desirable
- Previous experience with ERP systems