Account Development Representative
Aptean | Marketing | Northampton, England
Account Development Representative - Aptean
Would you like to be a part of the organization where high energy meets intellect? If you get excited by solving puzzles and working in a collaborative environment, then Aptean wants to work with you!!
Aptean provides very specific industries with very specific ERP, supply chain management, and customer experience solutions. In today’s fast-paced, highly competitive economy, organizations don’t have time to waste forcing homegrown software, spreadsheets, and one-size-fits-all solutions to do things they were never designed to do. Aptean is on a mission to end those workarounds – with industry-specific solutions instead of generic software, expert support instead of making you go it alone, and a steady influx of new ideas instead of the status quo. That’s why over 7,000 highly specialized organizations in more than 20 industries and 74 countries rely on Aptean to streamline their everyday operations.
Aptean is focused on providing products and solutions to customers in specific verticals. Our products are rich in feature and functionality and delivered on premise, SaaS and Hybrid delivery models. Aptean’s products deliver value at lowest total cost of ownership and scale with needs of our customers. Most of our products and solutions are leaders in the vertical market segments they serve.
Aptean uses its core values of Drive For Results, Win Together, Foster Innovation, and Be Courageous to guide its employee community to serve every customer in every geography and market.
General Job Summary
This role uses a variety of methods to make initial contact with prospects for Aptean’s solutions, with the goal of qualifying relevant targets and securing meetings for the sales teams. In addition to outbound prospecting (telephone, email, LinkedIn, networking events, etc) the ADR will qualify and nurture inbound leads (webinars registrations, event delegates, contact forms, etc). The job requires some travel, an aptitude for calling and networking with senior business targets, and an ability to convey a set of business messaging that articulates the need for Aptean’s solutions.
Knowledge: A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization; resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways. This job is the fully qualified, career-oriented, journey-level position.
Complexity: Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.
Supervision: Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
Principal Duties And Responsibilities
- Qualify inbound leads in or out of product line target market and into the appropriate point in sales cycle.
- Nurture in-target leads for brand and product awareness.
- Outbound prospecting and cold calling, including strategic company/vertical targeting and personalized campaigns
- E-mail, direct mail and outbound campaign generation and execution.
- Pipeline management and reporting.
- Development and maintenance of prospect database.
- Deep account/contact profiling.
- Assist at trade shows and events as required.
- Produce weekly lead generation reports using Excel / CRM.
- Ability to talk to senior management and articulate a clear benefit case.
- Provide feedback to marketing on quality of programs.
- Development and maintenance of prospect database with adherence to GDPR requirements.
Ideally requires a minimum of 2-5 years of sales experience working ideally with B2B enterprise software solutions. Other sales backgrounds would be considered.
- Strong understanding of the account development principles and execution
- Experience of using a CRM solution
- Lead generation/business development experience
Skills and Abilities
- Willing to cold call – hungry for results
- Excellent written and verbal communication/sales skills – must be confident in communicating on behalf of Aptean with executives and other leadership roles
- Demonstrable time management, organization, and prioritization skills
- Attention to detail – values process and data integrity
- Creative and strong business acumen – must be able to communicate intelligently with senior contacts about their pain points and how Aptean’s solutions can help
- Self-starter – creative and motivated to try unique sales and marketing techniques
If you are determined to give your best every day and you are seeking an opportunity to work with an amazing group of people, then apply online today!
Aptean, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.