MINDBODY | Product Development
JOB TITLE: Financial Controller, Mindbody India
JOB FUNCTION: Finance
JOB FAMILY: FI - Accounting
REPORTS TO: Sr. Director, Assistant Controller
DATE UPDATED: 4/8/2019
JOB FAMILY SUMMARY:
The accounting department ensures the timely and accurate delivery of financial statements through managing an array of accounting processes including the month-end financial statement close, payroll, accounts payable, tax and audit compliance, designing and maintaining accounting policies, and implementing financial controls. The department strives to promote company values by continually evolving department efficiency and procedures through automation, by taking action to minimize MINDBODY’s environmental impact through minimal use of paper, and by serving employees, management, and vendors in a humble and helpful manner.
The Financial Controller is responsible for the completion of accurate and timely monthly financial close including accounting, tax, and government compliance for the Mindbody India entity. The Financial Controller with interact with legal counsel, insurance, tax consultants, auditors, payroll providers, and banks to effectively control the assets of the business and to provide business support. The Financial Controller reports to the Sr. Director and Assistant Controller.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree and a Certified Accountant designation (CPA or equivalent)
- Seven or more years of progressively responsible experience including a mixture of Big 4 and industry experience
- Expertise in payroll processing and tax compliance in India
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and Indian GAAP
- Strong Excel and NetSuite skills a plus
- Experience with evaluating the design and testing the operating effectiveness of controls in a SOX environment
- Highly motivated self-starter with proven ability to lead teams
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to articulate financial results, accounting policies and procedures in layman’s terms
- Strong track record of recruiting and training an effective team
- Thrives in a fast paced and dynamic environment, adapts easily to change
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build, manage, and develop a robust and scalable accounting organization to manage the operational accounting requirements for MINDBODY India
- Responsible for completion of accurate and timely monthly financial close for India encompassing general ledger accounting, balance sheet account reconciliations, payroll, accounts payable, and tax compliance
- Responsible for cash management and forecasting for MINDBODY India
- Ensure compliance with U.S. GAAP and India GAAP
- Establish, maintain, and enforce Company accounting policies, procedures and internal controls
- Proactively monitor and operate a robust internal control environment in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Work closely with the Sr. Director and Assistant Controller and interface with local management to provide technical, operational and other support.
- Prepare budget for the India entity and monitor actual financial performances
- Manage a small team handling payroll and accounts payable
- Responsible for all tax and legal compliance and reporting for the entity
- Manage internal and external audits when they occur
- All other duties as assigned
SCOPE OF SUPERVISION/AUTHORITY:
People Manager: Duties are performed under limited supervision. Decision making authority is broad within the scope of assignments. This position requires self-direction and continuous evaluation of priorities to ensure completion by deadlines. All decisions and consulting will reflect adherence with internal policies and laws of the United States and India. This position plays a key role in recruiting, supervising, evaluating, mentoring and if necessary, dismissing team members. Although this role can operate successfully with little direct supervision, all operational changes particularly those relating to job function changes, raises, service level goals, and anything budget related must be agreed upon by the department Executive.
The successful candidate must meet the job requirements above in order to perform the essential functions of this position and achieve the outcomes/results indicated in this job description. The Company will make every effort to make reasonable accommodations upon request to enable qualified individuals with known disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job.
I acknowledge receipt of this job description. Nothing contained in this job description is intended to nor does it create a contract of employment for any specific duration.
Team Member Signature: ________________________________________ Date: _______________
Team Member Name: ___________________________________________