Pre Sales Consultant
Advanced | Pre-Sales | Birmingham, England
Advanced are one of the UK’s largest software companies, developing a range of solutions covering the whole enterprise and delivering right-first-time solutions, which solve customer problems, save money and deliver significant impact to user’s lives. With more than 19,000 customers relying on our systems & infrastructure, our Pre Sales team help to make the complex simple, as we become one of the UK technology industry’s success stories. We’re growing fast and building an exciting future.
- Contribute at all stages of the presales process including:
- Assisting with the qualification of opportunities
- Leading and coordinating demonstrations of the complete solution portfolio
- Configuring demonstration environments to meet the requirements of client and to show the solution at its best
- Driving forward solutions to prospects, acting as the solution architect in key bids
- Interacting with customers, prospects, market experts and colleagues to understand requirements, and crafting solution portfolios out of this
- Training internal members of staff in the use of the solution when required
- Working with nominated people within the Desk Based Pre-Sales (DBP) team to enable the relevant DBP to support them but also in developmental capacity, sharing learning and helping develop the DBP’s knowledge of winning Pre-Sales campaigns
- Work with the DBP’s to guide them on the maintenance of demonstration environments
- Develop ROI and business case justification proposals for new business prospects, Pre-Sales consultancy exercises to identify business return for prospects and justify the ROI for our solution.
Skills, ability and experience:
- Experience of Pre-Sales.
- Excellent presentation and demonstration skills to both small and large audiences
- Excellent organisation skills
- Good listening skills
- Ability to multi task and prioritise under pressure
- Self-motivated to deliver a quality service both internally and externally
- Adaptable to work independently or part of a team
- Commercially minded
- Ability to build relationships with customers and prospects
- Ability to analyse and understand customers’ requirements and key drivers
- Ability to discuss and demonstrate business benefits and value to prospects of varying seniority and expertise
- Ability to translate technical and business requirements into cost-efficient propositions
- Ability to build relationships with other teams within the organisation i.e. Development, Product Management, Consultancy etc
- Willingness to travel
- Deliver on ‘Can Do’ attitude
Accountabilities and Performance Measures
- Help support delivery of net new sales targets alongside personal targets.
- Complete required training and development objectives within the assigned time frame.
- Be adaptable to business requirements/needs
- You will report to the relevant sector Pre-Sales Manager
Reimagine your Future by Joining the Advanced Team
With over a £254m turnover, over 19,000 customers and over 2,300 employees we pride ourselves on delivering focused software solutions for the public sector, enterprise commercial and health & care organisations that simplify complex business challenges and deliver immediate value.
Some of our Key Benefits from day oneare:
- Generous Annual Leave - 25 days annual leave plus localised public holidays, with the ability to buy additional days
- Advanced Perks At Work - Exclusive employee discount programme providing access to enhanced offers at high street retailers (including John Lewis, Tesco, Apple and Asos), discounted rates for cinema and theatre tickets, accommodation and travel bookings
- Stunning office locations across 5 key hubs
- Charity Fundraising - Proud to be a Patron of The Prince's Trust
- Dedicated talent development team to help your Advanced career progress
- Top Achievers Club – our internal award scheme recognising excellence in our Advanced colleagues
- Pension Scheme (up to 5% matched contribution)
- Life insurance x 4 times salary
- Income protection insurance
- Childcare voucher (salary sacrifice)
- Cycle to work scheme (salary sacrifice)
- Employee assistance programme
Why should you apply? Advanced are different – we hire for potential and develop at pace so if you can reimagine your future in a vibrant growing company we would like to hear from you. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to removing bias from the hiring process.
If your application is successful, you will initially be required to take an online assessment and attend an interview with our Sales management. Do not hesitate, apply now and a member of our in-house talent acquisition team will be in touch!