Cvent | Information Technology | Gurgaon, Haryana
Cvent, Inc. (www.cvent.com) is the world’s leading provider of cloud-based software for meetings and event management. Our platform of products includes software to manage and facilitate online event registration, meeting site selection, event management, e-mail marketing and web surveys. We also develop mobile apps for both corporate and consumer events. Founded in 1999, we currently have 4000+ talented and dedicated employees and are headquartered just outside of Washington, D.C., in McLean, Virginia, with additional U.S. offices in Portland, Oregon; Austin, Texas, and Atlanta, Georgia. Internationally we have offices in Gurgaon, India, and London, England. Cvent has received many awards and honors recognizing our strong company culture, innovative products, stellar customer service and support, visionary leadership and investment in our employees. We currently have job openings across all departments and locations and are looking to add valuable team members to further strengthen the company’s DNA.
Sr/Lead Analyst – Data Analysis/Visualization – This position is responsible for helping Cvent business leaders make better, timely and insightful business decisions through use of data and analytics. These decisions cross all functions of the business, including sales, marketing, client services, and technology. Cvent is investing in technologies to support collection, analysis, and dissemination of critical business data. It is critical that data needs are carefully captured throughout the entire project lifecycle.
We require a data-driven and attention-to-detail individual to accelerate our data collection and reporting capabilities. Your role will be to help us create tableau dashboards for business critical KPIs. You will liaise with internal stakeholders across global offices to understand the business requirement to develop tableau dashboards & insights. You will also be responsible for O&M of existing dashboards ensuring the dashboards are being refreshed in time and troubleshoot errors. You will also need to do QA/QC and ensure FTR. Ideal candidates will distinguish themselves by providing data analysis and insights to the business.
· Work with key stakeholders and executive team to understand their data and metrics needs to ensure data integrity and most valuable and effective metrics
· Execute & participate in full lifecycle of an analytics/BI/Data Visualization project: starting from gathering and understanding the stakeholder needs, creating design, architecting the solution and implementation. Also executing the functional and product tests before delivering to stakeholders.
· A minimum of 2 years of hands-on experience with Tableau or Tableau Desktop Certified Professional.
· Ability to identify the best chart types to represent the kind of data at hand. Be able to understand how best to represent various data forms, e.g. text, numbers, ranges, images utilizing various visualization charts e.g. box charts, histograms, word cloud, bubble chart, heat maps, tree maps, waterfall etc.
· Expert at bringing data from different data sources into the visualization tool e.g. flat files, internet, database connections, etc.
· Hands-on Knowledge of other visualization tools is a plus (QlikView, Birst, MS PowerBI, Spotfire)
· 5-8 years of relevant work experience with preferably a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics or similar field.
· Ability to weave a story with data - What is the objective behind the visualization? What does the analysis reveal? What are the different ways the data should be looked at to infer insights?
· Ability to leverage technology to fulfill analytics needs - Excel, Office and working knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Exceptional analytical thinking with experience of working in a global environment.
Understanding of Sales & marketing data metrics would be added advantage