DevOps Engineer II
Vertafore | Development
Vertafore is looking for a DevOps Engineer II to join our dynamic DevOps team in East Lansing, Michigan.
At Vertafore we work with a diverse set of systems and technologies. You’ll get a chance to help advance our DevOps practice within the company. This will include automating infrastructure deployments, collaborating with development teams to implement state-of-the-art Build and Deployment Pipelines, and helping to define the future of DevOps within Vertafore.
Our DevOps team is responsible for supporting multiple products and development teams in automating infrastructure, build pipelines, deployment, and production support. Some days we’re working closely with development teams to learn their pain points and come up with creative, automated solutions. On other days we’re working on making sure our build and release pipelines are working well and releasing quality code as quickly as possible. Occasionally we are working on production issues that directly impact our customers. Working at Vertafore gives you a chance to learn and use a wide variety of skills while working side by side with some amazing people.
Do you have experience, knowledge, or a strong interest in some or all of the following? If so, we’d love to hear from you!
- Software development
- Configuration management tools like Chef or similar
- Build pipelines with tools such as Bamboo
- Scripting ability
- Linux server administration and troubleshooting
- Infrastructure provisioning tools such as CloudFormation
- Cloud providers such as AWS or Azure
- Container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Artifact repository tools such as Artifactory
- SQL databases such as Oracle, MS SQL, or Postgres
- NoSQL databases such as Cassandra
- Database automation tools such as Liquibase
- IP networking, VPNs, and DNS
- Load balancers, firewalls, and complex network systems
- Application monitoring and logging tools such as ELK Stack
- Automated testing
- Microservice development
- Static code analysis tools such as SonarQube
- Ability to diagnose and solve problems at any level of an application stack
- Effective in an agile, fast-paced, and flexible work environment