DevOps Engineer II
Vertafore | Development | East Lansing, MI
Vertafore is looking for a DevOps Engineer II to join our dynamic DevOps team in East Lansing, Michigan.
At Vertafore we work with a diverse set of systems and technologies. You’ll get a chance to help advance our DevOps practice within the company. This will include automating infrastructure deployments, collaborating with development teams to implement state-of-the-art Build and Deployment Pipelines, and helping to define the future of DevOps within Vertafore.
Our DevOps team is responsible for supporting multiple products and development teams in automating infrastructure, build pipelines, deployment, and production support. Some days we’re working closely with development teams to learn their pain points and come up with creative, automated solutions. On other days we’re working on making sure our build and release pipelines are working well and releasing quality code as quickly as possible. Occasionally we are working on production issues that directly impact our customers. Working at Vertafore gives you a chance to learn and use a wide variety of skills while working side by side with some amazing people.
If you’re hungry to learn and interested in joining a DevOps organization in a creative, fun, and friendly workplace, we’d love to talk to you!
Required Experience & Qualifications:
- 2-5 years’ experience working in a DevOps or related role
- Prior work using a configuration management tool like Chef or similar
- Experience putting together build pipelines with tools such as Bamboo
- Scripting ability
- Linux server administration and troubleshooting
- Experience with SQL databases such as Oracle, MS SQL, or Postgres
- Knowledge of IP networking, VPNs, and DNS
- Understanding of application monitoring and logging tools such as ELK Stack
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to diagnose and solve problems at any level of an application stack
- Effective in an agile, fast-paced, and flexible work environment
- Excitement around DevOps – we’re very excited about the journey we’re on and we want you to be as well
Desired Experience & Qualifications
- Background in software development
- Prior experience as a Scrum master or in a team lead role
- Knowledge of artifact repository tools such as Artifactory
- Prior use of database automation tools such as Liquibase
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases such as Cassandra
- Experience with automated testing
- Understanding of static code analysis tools such as SonarQube
- Experience with container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Familiarity with microservice development
- Knowledge of infrastructure provisioning tools such as CloudFormation
- 1 or more years working with a cloud provider such as AWS or similar
- Familiarity with load balancers, firewalls, and complex network systems