Senior Solution Delivery Consultant
Advanced | Operations (Managed Services) | Castleford, England
What you will be doing
Based in our Castleford office, our Solution Delivery team provide a key role to our Docman business. Docman is in the early stages of migrating its customer base from local infrastructure to cloud based services. We are looking for a Senior Solution Delivery Consultant to work within the Solution Delivery Team.
You will be responsible for the implementation and testing of sites as they are transitioned from a Client Server environment into our newly commissioned Cloud solution. You will be required to troubleshoot any issues that may arise and act as the ‘go to’ person within the team for any technical escalations encountered. This role will include installations, database and data migrations, upgrades and configuration changes. You will be working in conjunction with the automation team using a Continuous Improvement approach to ensure efficient, repeatable, resilient and controlled implementations.
• Initiate data migration through the remote implementation and configuration of new applications on site
• Ensure production environments are ‘fit for purpose’ by conducting pre-use acceptability testing
• Ensuring necessary change control documentation is completed to a high standard
• Conduct integrity testing, and where necessary, act to rectify integrity issues
• Act as a technical escalation point for the Solution Delivery Consultants for any deployment issues encountered that need a greater level of technical engagement
• Mentor and guide other members of the team
• Create and maintain documentation used as part of the Solution Delivery processes
• Monitor and report on data migration progress
• Regular discussion and liaison with customers during the migration process to ensure an open communication channel is maintained throughout
• Perform site cut-over and testing
• Provide initial customer support post cutover to ensure a smooth customer transition
• Flexible working hours will be required to ensure we are able to manage and minimise the impact of each migration on our customer base
What you will be good at
• Application implementation, configuration and support
• Data management, analysis and manipulation
• Usage of relational databases (MySQL)
• Use of Windows Server and configuration tools
• Self-starter with the ability to work alone or as part of a delivery team
• Problem Management
• Experience of working with strict SLA’s and KPI’s
• Customer liaison
What we would like to have (desirable not mandatory)
• Experience of working within a data centre environment
• ITIL V3 qualified
• Configuration Management
• Use a Windows Server configuration tools
• Knowledge of Windows Scheduler and Task Management
• Troubleshooting and impact analysis
• SQL knowledge
Reimagine your Future by Joining the Advanced Team
We hire for potential, and develop at pace.
Advanced are a different sort of employer. Recruiting people with potential, our focus is on what you might be capable of achieving. We look for aspiration and passionately believe that your individual personality and core strengths are what can make you right for us. We want you to learn, to discover, to experiment, to make a difference.
With a £250m turnover, 16,000 customers and 2,200 employees we pride ourselves on delivering focused software solutions for the public sector, enterprise commercial and health & care organisations that simplify complex business challenges and deliver immediate value.
Some of our Key Benefits from day one are:
o Generous Annual Leave - 25 days annual leave plus localised public holidays, with the ability to buy additional days
o Stunning office locations across 5 key hubs
o Advanced Perks At Work - Exclusive employee discount programme providing access to enhanced offers at high street retailers (including John Lewis, Tesco, Apple and Asos), discounted rates for cinema and theatre tickets, accommodation and travel bookings
o Charity Fundraising - Proud to be a Patron of The Prince's Trust
o Dedicated talent development team to help your Advanced career progress
o Top Achievers Club – our internal award scheme recognising excellence in our Advanced colleagues
o Pension Scheme (up to 5% matched contribution)
o Life insurance - 4 times salary
o Income protection insurance
o Cycle to work scheme (salary sacrifice)
o Employee assistance programme
Why should you apply?
Advanced are different – we hire for potential and develop at pace so if you can reimagine your future in a vibrant growing company we would like to hear from you. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to removing bias from the hiring process.
If your application is successful, you will initially be required to take an online assessment, undertake a telephone interview with the HR team and attend a final interview. Do not hesitate, apply now and a member of our in-house talent acquisition team will be in touch!