Solution Architect (Networks)
Advanced | Pre-Sales | London, England
IT Services is the infrastructure, IT outsourcing and hosting division of Advanced. The team delivers solutions to business requirements in a changing technological landscape. With our customers relying on our knowledge & expertise within IT Services, our Network Solution Architects’ help to make the complex simple, as we become one of the UK technology industry’s success stories. We’re growing fast and building an exciting future.
The Network Solution Architect will support network sales for both new business and existing customers via the Account Management team. An understanding of a number of market verticals and technologies is needed to deliver solutions to our customers.
What you will be doing
- The Solution Architect is responsible for building and costing the technical elements of the service (LAN, WAN, Firewalls, Switching, Routing, MPLS, VPLS, SDWAN etc..)
- The Network Solution Architect may also cost the service elements of managed services solutions, which include the resource based elements of the services working with our professional service team.
- The Network Solution Architect will also create and define blueprints for use as standard architectures for new and existing customers.
- Interact with customers to identify add-on sales opportunities, which creates sustainable value and growth to the customer and Advanced.
- Engage with new customers and act as a ‘Network Evangelist’ pitching art of the possible conversations around network topology and security.
- Own and define the Network product roadmap.
What you will be good at
- Ability to work as a network specialist, understand network infrastructure and system characteristics, have vision of customer needs and be able to identify creative solutions
- Proof of concept creation
- Supporting the sales team with bids and opportunities, acting as a point of expertise
What we would like you to have
- The Network Solution Architect will have experience of resolving complex technical, strategic and business issues
- Translating customer requirements into solutions
- Experience in attending meetings with clients to determine technical and business requirements, and ensuring that all necessary information is collated prior to producing a solution
Reimagine your Future by Joining the Advanced Team
We hire for potential, and develop at pace.
Advanced are a different sort of employer. Recruiting people with potential, our focus is on what you might be capable of achieving. We look for aspiration and passionately believe that your individual personality and core strengths are what can make you right for us. We want you to learn, to discover, to experiment, to make a difference.
With over a £254m turnover, over 19,000 customers and over 2,300 employees we pride ourselves on delivering focused software solutions for the public sector, enterprise commercial and health & care organisations that simplify complex business challenges and deliver immediate value.
Some of our Key Benefits from day oneare:
- Generous Annual Leave - 25 days annual leave plus localised public holidays, with the ability to buy additional days
- Stunning office locations across 5 key hubs
- Charity Fundraising - Proud to be a Patron of The Prince's Trust
- Dedicated talent development team to help your Advanced career progress
- Advanced Perks At Work - Exclusive employee discount programme providing access to enhanced offers at high street retailers (including John Lewis, Tesco, Apple and Asos), discounted rates for cinema and theatre tickets, accommodation and travel bookings
- Top Achievers Club – our internal award scheme recognising excellence in our Advanced colleagues
- Pension Scheme (up to 5% matched contribution)
- Life insurance x 4 times salary
- Income protection insurance
- Childcare voucher (salary sacrifice)
- Cycle to work scheme (salary sacrifice)
- Employee assistance programme
Why should you apply? Advanced are different – we hire for potential and develop at pace so if you can reimagine your future in a vibrant growing company we would like to hear from you. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to removing bias from the hiring process.
If your application is successful, you will initially be required to take an online assessment, undertake a telephone interview with the HR team and attend a final interview. Do not hesitate, apply now and a member of our in-house talent acquisition team will be in touch!