Manager, Visual Design
MINDBODY | Products & Engineering
The Senior Manager, Visual Design has proven product design and management skills – providing clarity and strategic direction to the design team. This role proactively identifies opportunities to improve the end-to-end user experience of our web and mobile product suite. This role also proactively advocates for visual design, collaborating cross-departmentally to ensure our visual identity system is user-centered and aligns with our brand. You’ll also play a key role in hiring and retaining top UX talent.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Design, HCI, Human Factors, Design Strategy or a design-research related field, or equivalent.
- 6+ years’ experience as a Visual Designer, 1+ years’ management experience
- Passion for making high-quality, user-centered web and mobile products and a demonstrable portfolio to prove it.
- Expert knowledge of the Adobe CS, Sketch, Invision (or related applications) and graphic design principles applied from concept to final execution.
- Exceptional interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills.
- Ability to navigate a highly-matrixed product organization.
- HTML/CSS/JS knowledge (preferred).
- Innovative thinking and a desire to continuously learn and evolve.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead and mentor a growing team of visual designers with the ability to drive creative decisions, communicate strategy, and build an inspiring vision that meets customer needs.
- Player/Coach mentality (70% leadership / 30% hands-on work), operate autonomously and provide strategic direction to your team.
- Present design solutions to executive stakeholders with the ability to articulate rationale behind design vision; backed up by personal expertise, customer data, and industry trends.
- Manage brand consistency across all touch-points in the customer journey through driving the delivery and adoption of design specifications, standards, style guides, toolkits, and processes.
- Actively participate, and occasionally lead, initial phases of strategic initiatives.
- Proactively identify and contribute ideas as a catalyst for driving positive change.
- All other duties as assigned.