Senior Product Marketing Manager
MINDBODY | Products & Engineering | San Francisco, CA
As a Senior Product Marketing Manager at MINDBODY, you’ll help shape the future of MINDBDODY’s family of products in the wellness and fitness space. You will drive key initiatives that help customers see and understand the value of MINDBODY’s B2B-focused products and initiatives. First and foremost, you need to have a ferocious appetite for success and ability to plan and execute with incredible attention to detail. The ideal candidate has product marketing or product management experience at a world-class technology SaaS Company, has driven go-to-market strategies, and has defined solid product positioning. Partnering with product management, sales, engineering, and other teams across the company, PMMs set positioning, develop the strategy, and own the execution of key launches and initiatives.
- Positioning & Messaging: Define product positioning with various segments of customers, prospects, and consumers that in turn helps shape the marketing message.
- Customer, Market, & Competitive Analysis: Work closely with our research and insights team as well as the Product Management team to gain a deep understanding of the customer and our competitors to guide marketing initiatives and product roadmap.
- Go-to-Market Planning & Launch Coordination: Work cross functionally to determine the best GTM strategy, set proper timelines and KPI’s, and coordinate launch.
- Cross-functional leadership: Rally support of your projects and lead the cross-functional team to success.
Minimum Qualifications and requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field.
- At least 4 years’ of experience in product marketing, product management, or marketing
- Direct experience in the fitness or wellness space
- Ability to understand technical terms and processes and translate to customer/user value
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Commitment to MINDBODY’s core values and demonstrated outstanding character, leadership, and customer obsession.
- Ability to rapidly prioritize and adapt to changing customer dynamics
Above and Beyond:
- 5+ years of experience in marketing, product management, or project management
- MS, MBA, or graduate level degree
- Demonstrated track record of success driving marketing initiatives for SaaS products, features, services, and mobile apps.
- You have experience and knowledge of MINDBODY products
- You are creative with an incredible ability to communicate and present product value that will guide messaging and creative teams to flawless execution of marketing assets.
- You are an excellent project manager with strong analytical skills and are process and detail oriented.
- You are experienced working across multiple functions and executives to deliver exceptional results.
- You have a passion for translating product features into messaging and can turn comprehensive features into simple value propositions.
- You are obsessed with the customer and can be their voice.
- You are not afraid to get your hands dirty and do what it takes to get see the project through to completion. May include picking up project management and cross-function prioritization of your projects.
- You possess a deep understanding of small and medium-sized business owners and the challenges they encounter with running a brick and mortar locations.
- You are opportunistic in looking for new ways to deliver value to customers.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to work cross-functionally across sales, marketing, business development, & product management organizations
- You understand the multiple players in the ecosystem across consumers, SMB owners, enterprise, partners, and fitness enthusiasts.
- You also have strong passion for and understanding of web and mobile technologies and the SMB and fitness industry landscape
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Work with executives and directors to keep Product Marketing initiatives prioritized.
- Own the strategy, roadmap, and prioritization of software web notification tool.
- Manage and develop the Product Marketing Coordinator
- Partner with marketing and creative leadership to develop, improve, enforce, and train on end-to-end Go To Market process.
- Take lead in shaping the PMM function at MINDBODY
- Partner with Product Managers to drive product launches, feature announcements.
- Own positioning that informs marketing message and creative.
- Define segmentation and value proposition.
- Drive adoption of new products and key initiatives.
- Sync with Sales and Marketing regularly to ensure that sell sheets, website content, and collateral accurately reflect the value delivered.
- Craft internal training strategies to ensure team alignment of product and feature releases.
- Drive our consumer push notification strategy to drive engagement and revenue.
- Present and pitch big ideas, product positioning, target customers, and multi-channel campaigns to executives to get resources and buy in on initiatives.
- Develop, lead & execute global go-to-market plans to help grow and scale the business.
- Work with business development and product management to influence product roadmap and pitch monetization opportunities.
- Lead and collaborate with internal creative agencies to ensure quality, on-time delivery of marketing programs and assets across multiple channels
- Work closely with the MINDBODY Marketing team to develop customer case study opportunities, and weave customer insights into internal training plans
- Work with product management team to distill key functionality and benefits into core product marketing messages