CentralSquare Technologies | General & Administrative | Wilmington, NC
The Facilities Specialist assists with all aspects of the building facilities and reports to the Facilities Manager. The Facilities Specialist is responsible for maintaining and ensuring safety of facilities and equipment. This is a temporary position - estimated duration of 6 months.
- Ensure that facilities are well maintained and provide an effective, safe, clean and economical work environment.
- Interact with business unit leaders, senior executives, associates and visiting customers from outside the company to determine required facilities and service needs.
- Assist with managing on-site construction and critical system projects along with providing written documentation of project status.
- Participate in 24x7 emergency facility response needs.
- Assist in maintaining effective and productive vendor relationships. Participate in selection of furniture, fixtures, equipment and the manufactures of the products.
- Coordinate all building premise repair and maintenance activities (including scheduled preventive maintenance for critical equipment like generators, UPS, auto-switch gear and HVAC units)
- Monitors work progress and quality to assure satisfactory completion.
- Assist with company functions to include but not limited to Health Fair, Employee Training Conference, and Charity Events.
- Assist Human Resources during the process of new hire and release of employees.
- 2-5 years of experience in supporting facility operations and management
- Experience with project management
- Experience in overseeing renovations and new construction
- Thorough knowledge of facilities and safety practices and procedure
- Excellent telephone, communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Able to handle sensitive, complex, very confidential information
- Excellent PC skills
- Detail oriented