Channel Manager - Southeast
Ping Identity | Business Development (6200) | Denver, CO
At Ping Identity, we're changing the way people think about enterprise security technology. With our innovative Identity Defined Security platform, we're helping to build a borderless world where people have total freedom to work wherever and however they want. Without friction. Without fear.
We're headquartered in Denver, Colorado, and we have offices and employees around the globe. And we serve the largest, most demanding enterprises worldwide, including over half of the Fortune 100. Because even in the most complex enterprise environments, security shouldn't be a source of anxiety. It should be one of your greatest competitive advantages.
We call this digital freedom. And it's not just something we provide our customers. It's something that drives our company. People don't come here to join a culture that's built on digital freedom. They come to cultivate it.
The Channel team’s mission is to build a world class Ping Partner Network. In order for us to accomplish this goal, we need a new team member with channel, sales and strategy experience. This is a channel sales role for the Southeast region of North America and will work with Value Added Resellers (VARs), System Integrators (SIs), Distributors and Managed Service Providers (MSPs). The individual will be responsible for managing and expanding existing channel partnerships, executing against the Ping channel strategy focused on winning net new customers, and expanding our technology footprint with existing customers through our channel partner program. Travel required.
- Provide partners with the tools and resources to identify new opportunities
- Accelerate revenue and new customer acquisition via Ping's Channel program, meeting or exceeding plan expectations
- Manage strategic partnerships in accordance with the values outlined in Ping’s Global Partner Program
- Execute upon partner strategy at the field level in support of partnerships
- Attend industry events, collaborating with partners to generate incremental business
- Close new business deals by coordinating with partners and internal Ping team
- Measure and deliver success metrics to partners and the business, continuously analyzing business intelligence and making strategic adjustments as necessary
- Collaborate with direct sales and marketing organization to socialize the value proposition of our partnerships
- Establish and leverage senior level contacts in partner organizations to execute joint partner strategy
- 5+ years field sales and/or business development experience in the software industry
- 3+ years field sales and/or business development experience in the IT security or infrastructure sector
- 3+ years channel manager experience
- Attention to detail and analytical skillset
- Skills required include: closing skills, motivation for sales, prospecting skills, sales planning, business planning, strong executive presence
- Selling to customer needs
- Territory management
- Presentation skills
- Ability to meet sales goals
- Strong and effective communicator
- Team oriented
- Experience in identity management
- Experience in management or team lead position
- Focused on process and operational structure
- Passionate about channels programs
- Effective at managing multiple tasks simultaneously in an extremely fast paced environment
- Strong network and demonstrated experience working with Tier 1 integrators in security, identity, cloud, digital transformation solution areas
Self-starter with proven sales track record