Business Development Representative
Granicus | Marketing | London, England
Due to Granicus' continued growth, we are expanding our Business Development group and would love to have you come be a part of an energetic and fun sales organization.
The Business Development Representative is responsible for prospecting, qualifying, and generating new sales opportunities to help support the Central and Local Government Sales teams. They will partner with Sales Executives to set up sales meetings and opportunities with key decision makers in the government. Most of these opportunities will be generated through qualifying inbound marketing leads via phone, email, and other means of communication. The position is part of the marketing team but will work very closely with the sales team.
This role is for a highly-motivated, ambitious, and results driven individual. The position will help to develop the skills and business acumen needed to become a top-tier sales professional and build a successful career.
What You'll Do:
- Develop new business via telephone and mass communication such as email and social media to educate the prospect, introduce our solution, and identify appropriate buyers within the target market
- Follow up on inbound marketing leads through a strategic touch plan to generate additional interest in Granicus and qualify for a potential opportunity
- Conduct research to identify potential opportunities and understand challenges facing government agencies today
- Conduct initial qualification and determine prospect's current environment, pain points, challenges, and potential projects to determine how Granicus' solutions will speak to their needs
- Identify key buying influencers within these prospects to determine budget and timeline
- Build and cultivate prospect relationships by initiating communications and conducting follow-up communications in order to move opportunities through the sales funnel
- Work with the key sales drivers to develop and grow the sales pipeline to consistently meet quarterly revenue goals
- Use Salesforce to track all sales activities properly and manage contact/lead data for accuracy
- Analyze sales pipeline reports and dashboards
Who You Are:
- You have a Bachelor's Degree in Business, Communications, or related field highly preferred
- You have relevant work and/or internship experience in Sales
- You have demonstrated the ability to meet and/or exceed determined sales and activity goals
- You have a proven track record of building strong client relationships
- You have excellent phone and social media communication skills
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills
- You have effective problem solving, time management, and organizational skills
- You are proficient in MS Office products
- You have experience with Salesforce or another CRM Software preferred
Granicus is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants and employees will be considered for employment and advancement without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, age, genetic information, sexual or affectional orientation, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.